Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Vu+ Duo VIX Image Backup crashes and requires reflash

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kieranhightower
  • Start date Start date
K

Kieranhightower

Guest
Hi all,

I have had my Vu+ Duo for a couple of days and seem to be getting the hang of everything. I've got everything set up pretty much as I want it, so I wanted to take a backup using the Image Backup option.

However, when running the backup to a USB hard drive in the front USB port it fails when trying to write to the disk (not sure why - it is formatted as FAT 32 and seems to be mounted ok). Have tried twice with 2 different drives and the same thing happens each time.

Unfortunately after a failed Image Manager backup, when I next restart the box (with USB hard drive removed), the box fails to start and requires a whole reflash of the image. And I get to start again. Which kinda defeats the object of taking a backup in the first place :o(

Not a huge problem I guess as I can just backup the settings and not the image and reflash from there in future, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has encountered this and have a workaround/fix?

I'm afraid I don't have any log files as once it's died and I have to reflash it, they are obviously gone with the reflash.

Thanks in advance,

Kieran
 
When you reflash the backup what folders are you placing on the USB stick?
 
Hi
Reflashing (from a downloaded image) isn't the problem. It's crashing while doing the backup of my image onto a blank usb drive. Sorry if my original post was unclear :/
 
How is your USB mounted as SDB or USB? if the former change it to USB and try, should not make a difference.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top