Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] VU Duo

  • Thread starter Thread starter Grumpy
  • Start date Start date
LOL, this works for all boxes. And the TV goes black, because shutting down your box is part of this upgrade procedure. Just give it it's time, and the box will come up again with the latest updates.

What sort of timespan am I looking at Rob ?
Last night I let it run for 20 minutes or so before giving up.
 
Might be 20 minutes. Actually you can follow all in telnet.
You can also give the commands separate, i.e.:
Code:
init 4
opkg update
opkg upgrade
init 6
maybe that makes it easier to follow.
 
Might be 20 minutes. Actually you can follow all in telnet.
You can also give the commands separate, i.e.:
Code:
init 4
opkg update
opkg upgrade
init 6
maybe that makes it easier to follow.


Welcome to OpenViX for vuduo
openvix 3.0 vuduo


vuduo login: root
root@vuduo:~# init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 6
Downloading http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/3.0/vuduo/3rdparty/Packages.gz.



Been sat like this for 40 minutes now. It appears nothing is happening.

Reciever display saying " VU+ Duo" and TV screen black.
 
Are you sure your network is setup correctly and working with your box? What happens when you do a network test?
 
Please telnet 'ping www.world-of-satellite.com' and post the outcome (stop the pinging with control-c).

Hi Rob I'm very pleased to say I've found the problem.
After weeks of ripping my hair out at not being able to get the feeds working, I simply replaced my 10 metre network cable for a 2 metre one and everything began working like magic.

It had been baffling me for a long time because with the long cable things went through the motions but never finished.

A big thanks to you and all the team and forum members who have helped me with advice in this and other threads in trying to solve my issue.
Now I can enjoy Vix to it's full capacity.

I shouldn't cross post but I'm going to post this in the other thread too . That way more people can see what a simple solution was found to my problem even though I
do look a bit of a plonker now. :D
 
well to be fair, if every thing else network wise is working, its not an obvious fault to see or find, simple as it was in the end, and thanks for being both honest, and posting the solution
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top