Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Vu+ duo2 behaving strange!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter michnet
  • Start date Start date
M

michnet

Guest
Hi
My vu+ duo2 has begun to behave very strange!!!
Suddenly can it change the channel without reason. Other times it suddenly shows the recording symbol, even its not recording anything?
I have tried to change the image several times: to blackhole, openvix and different versions of openvix. It started with the strange behavior on a openvix image.
But nothing helps!! I also tried to set the speed of the fan up, because I thought it maybe had something to do with overheating but the temperature is about 40 degree celsius and that should not be to much, as far as I know.
Could my duo2 suddenly be faulty?? I have had it around six months now and never had any problems with it until now.
Any help appreciated!!

michnet
 
Sounds more like someone is accessing it, disconnect your network cable and see how it is then
 
I have tried to disable network in settings. Should that be enough??
 
Sounds more like someone is accessing it, disconnect your network cable and see how it is then

Yeah, others reporting a similar behaviour were having their receiver hacked into..

Do you have ports open on your router to connect to your Duo2?
 
I had a very similar behaviour on my solo2...haven't seen it on my duo2 yet. It was caused by HDMI-CEC when enabled.
 
I have tried to disable hdmi-cec. That did not help. Now I have unplugged the network cable. I hope that help. But what can I do, if someone has hacked my receiver??
 
Close any port forwarding you set-up.
 
I had a similar issue a few months back on the Solo 2 and I found changing the authentication settings in the OpenWebIf plugin fixed it. So might be worth trying:

Go to Menu -> Plugins -> OpenWebIf:
Enable HTTP Authentication: Yes
Enable HTTPS: Yes
Enable Authentication for streaming: Yes
 
Hi
I want to thanks all of you for your help. Since I unplugged my network cable, there has not been any unexpected channel changes, so it seems that there was someone who had gotten access to my receiver from the outside. Now I will, as Jimmmm is writing setup authentication on my receiver, so only people with the right password can get access to it, because I'm using the transcoding feature when I'm travelling. But where can I setup the authentication username and password?
Thanks again for your help.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top