Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

VU+ Duo2 crashing with all images and new installs. HELP

  • Thread starter Thread starter ColBladeGB
  • Start date Start date
C

ColBladeGB

Guest
Hi Guys,

I have been pulling my hair out for a few months now with this problem. It started after an update from HADES to VIX (can't remember which version). It works for a random amount of time up too 60min, after a clean install from a usb stick then crashes and restarts. After the restart my ccam manager stops working, and I'm unable to FTP into the box after the crash. When doing a clean install, I have not used any backups. HDD has been disconnect, I use a large swap file.
I have been searching the Internet for many weeks for a solution, but with no joy so far.
I'm ready to chuck this box in the bin :attention:

Please help.
 
What cam are you using?
Upload a crashlog.
No need for a swap file on a Duo 2.
 
I'm using ccam 2.3.0 .

I can't get a crash log at the minute as after it crashes I can't FTP the box. I have heard that if I route the crash log to a USB stick, that I can retrieve one that way. I shall try it tomorrow when I'm back at home, and if it works I will post the log.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
What I have done so far;

1. Installed original software that came with the box. (VTI)
2. Installed the latest VIX software (3.2.037), no Ethernet cable connected.
3. Scanned for channels. (No problems so far, was able to watch FTA channels)
4. Needed to install Ccam plugin, so I connected Ethernet cable and run network test. All green. Went into the menu to download plugin, but it crashed before I was unable to download any.
I had it write the logs too a USB stick, so I will have a look to see how I should upload it on here.

After crash im unable to FTP into the box. Done a Network test:
Lan connection: Green
Local: Green
DHCP: Green
Ip address: Red (unconfirmed)
Nameserver: Red (unconfirmed)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It is crashing when trying to check the softcam.
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/ViX/SoftcamManager.py", line 550, in softcam_check
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/tmp/cam.check.log'
<  3060.848756> [ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method SoftcamAutoPoller.softcam_check of <Plugins.SystemPlugins.ViX.SoftcamManager.SoftcamAutoPoller instance at 0x611ebc10>>,()) failed)

Can you issue the following command and paste results here please? Link in signature if you need it.
Code:
df -h
 
I only managed to get as far as going into plugins, then looking at the different versions. Didnt get a chance to install any before the crash!

How would I go about issueing a command?:confused:
 
Disable the softcamcheck in softcam manager for now. Press menu when in softcam manager. This is what is triggering it, but problem may be elsewhere. Someone had same issue recently. Can't remember what happened afterwards.

See this link for one way to issue commands
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?40948-How-to-use-Putty-for-Unix-Linux-commands
You learn something everyday ...... never thought of using menu to stop irritating softcam check ( .. for me!)
 
You learn something everyday ...... never thought of using menu to stop irritating softcam check ( .. for me!)
For most screens, when you press Menu, you see menu for that aspect of image functionality.
 
Having just checked .... not sure if we are talking of same thing... The menu talks of enable frozen check.....whereas at restart I see a task running called Softcam Check .... and it runs for about 10+ secs
.. And that is the only time I have seen it.
 
I went into the softcam manager, then menu but the only options were :

Show in extensions and Enable frozen check

Im not sure if these have anything to do with "Softcam Check" but i changed them from a Yes to a No anyhow.
So at the minute everything is working fine, has been for about 45min now but im not cofident :(
One thing I did was install CCcam 2.0.9 instead of 2.3.0 that i used previously.
I ran the command "df -h" that you asked for before. This is the result whilst its working;

Welcome to OpenViX for vuduo2
openvix 3.2 vuduo2

vuduo2 login: root
Last login: Sat Mar 19 18:54:51 GMT 2016 on pts/0
root@vuduo2:~# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
ubi0:rootfs 862.3M 79.9M 782.4M 9% /
devtmpfs 605.4M 8.0K 605.4M 0% /dev
tmpfs 64.0K 0 64.0K 0% /media
tmpfs 605.5M 160.0K 605.4M 0% /var/volatile
/dev/sda1 111.6G 260.3M 110.4G 0% /media/hdd
/dev/sdb 14.4G 168.4M 14.3G 1% /media/sdb
root@vuduo2:~#

If/when it crashes again I will post a new one.
 
Yeah it crashed again this morning :mad:. When I tried re-flashing it crashed just after the install (several times), I'm now convinced it's a hardware fault :(
I have now ordered a new box.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top