Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Vu+ Duo2 Temperatures

  • Thread starter Thread starter eastof111
  • Start date Start date
E

eastof111

Guest
When I initially received my Duo2, the two dual tuners felt very hot at the F connectors. I had read on the forums that the tuner area temps were rather high for some other users too. Some said it was normal. For me, I felt the temps were too high to the touch at the F connectors. I measured the temps with a digital laser thermometer and decided I would install a fan to lower the temperature.

I added a small cpu fan by using a velcro strip on the motherboard and bottom of the fan. This way, both could be peeled off in the future without damage. It did lower the temps of both tuners at idle (no recording, transcoding, etc) by ten degrees (F) from a high of 108-112 degrees at the F connectors. Nothing fantastic, but every little bit helps; plus I am sure it would extend longevity. Using the fan control plugin makes it easier to control the speeds (temp and noise) since both fans are hooked up to the same pin out. Noise contribution was not much of a factor to me.

I may add an additional heat sink to the cpu later as it's currently running at 125 degrees with the existing black heatsink. Hopefully, the coders will add an overclocking feature to improve the blind scan speed. If they do, I would definitely add a robust heat sink, since there is ample room for the addition. The hard drive is running at 95 degrees which is adequate. All temps were measured with the cover off.
 

Attachments

  • z_Cpu fan for the tuners.webp
    z_Cpu fan for the tuners.webp
    85.1 KB · Views: 55
  • z_Connections to pin out.webp
    z_Connections to pin out.webp
    87.2 KB · Views: 49
Where can I get those drivers please? Is there a firmware I should download that's separate from Vix?
 
Last edited:
There already included in the latest build (806+)
 
I don't know what you're talking about. Can you please give me a link to where I can download that build please.
 
what is the current image build your using ?.
 
If you're using ViX the drivers are in the actual build (806). Otherwise you can find all drivers on
Code:
http://archive.vuplus.com/download/drivers/
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top