Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Vu duo2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Billigmeister
  • Start date Start date
B

Billigmeister

Guest
Can someone help me please?

I amgoing out of my mind trying to connect my duo2 to my laptop via filezilla but the password is not valid or working.

I have managed to connect via telnet

i thought the password was blank and user root but it doesn't seem to work. I have reset/reflashed the box to make sure that the password was back to blank but it still didn't work.

Status: Connecting to 192.168.1.xxx:21...
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Status: Insecure server, it does not support FTP over TLS.
Command: USER root
Response: 331 Please specify the password.
Command: PASS
Response: 530 Login incorrect.
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

I have searched and searched all over the place for answers and have tried them all it seems

I am using Vix 3.2.030
 
no password needed.
use 'use explicit FTP over TLS is available' or 'Only use plain FTP'.
 
hi i have tried that

should logon type be normal or anonymous or something else

never used ftp or filezilla before so i am bit confused
 
just realised - if i restore backup after i have flashed i will be back to square one in terms of password.

does that mean i will lose all bouquets and epg etc that i had developed if i flash and don't restore?


sorry for the basic questions
 
use explicit FTP over TLS is available,
logon type normal
user/pass of root
 
If I am correct, a restore will not restore passwords.
Simple to figure out. Do a flash first, try FTP and restore after that using the backupmanager.
 

Attachments

  • ScreenShot184.webp
    ScreenShot184.webp
    13.3 KB · Views: 15
a restore also restores the root password. i'm pretty sure about that.
 
Using Filezilla just type
Host 192.xxxxxx What ever yours is
Username. root
Password. password
port. 21
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top