Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Vu+ motor position problem

  • Thread starter Thread starter mrhdooley
  • Start date Start date
M

mrhdooley

Guest
Hi,
Since reflashing to a new image that uses the latest drivers I have had a new problem.
I use a motor with diseqc 1.2 connected to my VU+ duo. I use stored motor positions rather than USALS as I can get much finer reception.

The problem, After flashing, I sent my channel list through to the box, found the sats and stored the position. For half a day it seems to work fine, but then i start getting a problem where it wont zap to another sat. If I switch of box, it seems to go back to normal for a while, but less time than before and the problem repeats until nothing works.

I have flashed with PLI, VIX, VTX and always get the same problem. I have the cables on the tuners to use different tuner and I have limited the plugins to see if a plug in is causing it, all to no avail. The box has been working perfectly until I flashed with new image.

anyone else having problems with stored motor positions or know what might be up?

Regards
 
Anyone have any feedback?

Hi,
Since reflashing to a new image that uses the latest drivers I have had a new problem.
I use a motor with diseqc 1.2 connected to my VU+ duo. I use stored motor positions rather than USALS as I can get much finer reception.

The problem, After flashing, I sent my channel list through to the box, found the sats and stored the position. For half a day it seems to work fine, but then i start getting a problem where it wont zap to another sat. If I switch of box, it seems to go back to normal for a while, but less time than before and the problem repeats until nothing works.

I have flashed with PLI, VIX, VTX and always get the same problem. I have the cables on the tuners to use different tuner and I have limited the plugins to see if a plug in is causing it, all to no avail. The box has been working perfectly until I flashed with new image.

anyone else having problems with stored motor positions or know what might be up?

Regards
 
My dish needs realigning for the USALS to work, hence the manual positions. I am not sure if it will be with USALS as well, I was using manual positions before updating the image and it was fine, and now it is not, I was wondering if anyone else has the problem, with manual positions or USALS I guess. I will try to realign dish on weekend, the missus kills me when I spend time messing around and the TV is out of action!
 
A quickie way of getting USALS to work might be to use trial and error and add 0.1 deg steps either E or W to your longitude settings until all is well. I couldn't for the life of me get my dish to work plumb with USALS, but DiSEqC1.2 was fine. I ended up +1 deg further E than theoretical, but hey it works great so who cares!

All the best Pathfinder
 
Try as pathfinder suggested, my longitude should be .200 west, but my dish has moved, so set it to .300 EAST to compensate.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top