Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

VU+ Solo 2 - VIX image Hades / VIX 3.2 - Crashing

  • Thread starter Thread starter scar0x
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I've just fresh installed build 014 on my Vu+ Solo2 but there is no plugins feed for now so I can't test my reference config (cccam221 + openVPN + Samba).

BTW, I had build 013 running until now (around 12 hours) without a crash but with a partial config: cccam221, but NOT openVPN, NOR Samba).
 
Hi i am getting exactly the same errors it has been going on for me around 1 1/2 weeks roughly.

Box : Vu+ Duo
Used different versions with fresh flash
The only plugins i have installed are softcams 2.3

Once the box crashes i cannot login Via FTP. Nor can i get the softcams working either i have to re load a new image to get it back on or do a fresh flash and install everything.

I believe it could be a problem with the softcams. (not 100% sure as i am new to this entirely)

I have just loaded a fresh flash of 3.2.09 and turned all the updates off etc. and have just loaded the freview for now see if it crashes if it doesnt crash then i would presume its a problem with the softcams ?
 
Hi Dale,
I'm pretty sure to have had crashes without any cam also.
Anyway, I'm gone a test with this last version (build 015) reducing my config until it don't crash.
Do you have some other tuner attached to the box?
 
Im totally new to this so if i give the wrong answer i appologise. What do you mean by some other tuner attached to the box?
 
Im totally new to this so if i give the wrong answer i appologise. What do you mean by some other tuner attached to the box?

Nothing wrong Dale, nothing is sure at this point... :)
I mean: Have you terrestrial TV build into your box?
 
Nothing wrong Dale, nothing is sure at this point... :)
I mean: Have you terrestrial TV build into your box?

i have a harddrive inside my box. all i have touched is the Auto bouquets maker & the epg settings etc. Tuned it to skyuk i think it was 28.2 but without installing any plugins. i have turned the updates and background checks off and have avoided doing the software update this time as some times before when i pressed that it crashed the box also.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone getting this crash, do a complete fresh flash, DO NOT restore ANY settings, setup completely fresh.

Absolutely, it's what I do everytime:
- fresh install (disconnected hdd) and initial wizards (without backup restore) to set only 1 tuner (A) and network (with DHCP).
- change some params (Time set to my zone - Madrid), format usb flash and redirect logs there, background updates off.
- scan Astra satellite (19.2E).
- load some plugin (only cccam221 r5 this time) from feed (stable only).
- tune 'Arte HD' and wait...
 
Last edited:
I've managed to get this crash earlier this week but can no longer replicate.

Power off receiver.

Power off and reboot router.

Re-flash the receiver WITH ETHERNET DISCONNECTED.

Once flashed, power off, reconnect Ethernet.

Power on.
 
I've managed to get this crash earlier this week but can no longer replicate.

Power off receiver.

Power off and reboot router.

Re-flash the receiver WITH ETHERNET DISCONNECTED.

Once flashed, power off, reconnect Ethernet.

Power on.

Yes it seems more or less random.
Thanks, i'll try that on the next crash...
Can you deduce something of the logs I've attached?
 
Well, it's running since more than 16 hours now without a crash.

The setup is:
- fresh 3.2.015 installed as suggested by Sicilian in the previous post.
- cccam221
- dvb-usb-it913x with usb dvb-t 'Avermedia AVerTV Volar Green HD' connected.
- No hdd, mounted usb memory on front USB

NO OpebVPN installed.
It seems important as yesterday this same setup crashed a few minutes after installing and activating OpenVPN.
I'll install and activate it now to see if it produces the crash.

Anyway, it seems a complex issue not involving just one component.

Was anybody having this crash NOT running OpenVPN?
 
Well, it's running since more than 16 hours now without a crash.

The setup is:
- fresh 3.2.015 installed as suggested by Sicilian in the previous post.
- cccam221
- dvb-usb-it913x with usb dvb-t 'Avermedia AVerTV Volar Green HD' connected.
- No hdd, mounted usb memory on front USB

NO OpebVPN installed.
It seems important as yesterday this same setup crashed a few minutes after installing and activating OpenVPN.
I'll install and activate it now to see if it produces the crash.

Anyway, it seems a complex issue not involving just one component.

Was anybody having this crash NOT running OpenVPN?

Crashed at 18h05... Could be OpenVPN?
 
May I ask why you are saving EPG to internal flash memory? Your flash memory is probably getting filled up.

Where did you obtain the version of CCcam you installed?

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/ViX/SoftcamManager.py", line 548, in softcam_check
IOError: [Errno 2] [SIZE=3][B]No such file or directory: '/tmp/cam.check.log'[/B][/SIZE]
<  5450.355683> [ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method SoftcamAutoPoller.softcam_check of <Plugins.SystemPlugins.ViX.SoftcamManager.SoftcamAutoPoller instance at 0x662c37d8>>,()) failed)
<  5452.710435> [gRC] main thread is non-idle! display spinner!
connectionLost? [Failure instance: Traceback (failure with no frames): <class 'twisted.internet.error.ConnectionLost'>: Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion: Connection lost.


Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/ViX/SoftcamManager.py", line 548, in softcam_check
IOError: [Errno 2] [B]No such file or directory: '/tmp/cam.check.log'[/B]
<  5450.355683> [ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method SoftcamAutoPoller.softcam_check of <Plugins.SystemPlugins.ViX.SoftcamManager.SoftcamAutoPoller instance at 0x662c37d8>>,()) failed)
]=]=>
        </enigma2crashlog>
    </crashlogs>
 
Last edited:
May I ask why you are saving EPG to internal flash memory? Your flash memory is probably getting filled up.

Where did you obtain the version of CCcam you installed?

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/ViX/SoftcamManager.py", line 548, in softcam_check
IOError: [Errno 2] [SIZE=3][B]No such file or directory: '/tmp/cam.check.log'[/B][/SIZE]
<  5450.355683> [ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method SoftcamAutoPoller.softcam_check of <Plugins.SystemPlugins.ViX.SoftcamManager.SoftcamAutoPoller instance at 0x662c37d8>>,()) failed)
<  5452.710435> [gRC] main thread is non-idle! display spinner!
connectionLost? [Failure instance: Traceback (failure with no frames): <class 'twisted.internet.error.ConnectionLost'>: Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion: Connection lost.


Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/ViX/SoftcamManager.py", line 548, in softcam_check
IOError: [Errno 2] [B]No such file or directory: '/tmp/cam.check.log'[/B]
<  5450.355683> [ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method SoftcamAutoPoller.softcam_check of <Plugins.SystemPlugins.ViX.SoftcamManager.SoftcamAutoPoller instance at 0x662c37d8>>,()) failed)
]=]=>
        </enigma2crashlog>
    </crashlogs>

Hi Abu,
This are fresh installs, EPG is where is set by default and has nothing in it.
Here what information reports:
RAM: 450384 Free / 572524 Total
FLASH: 121,4 MB Free / 194,8 MB Total.

I'm not expert in this logs, but every time after a crash (you can even see it in the picture of post #6 ) I've noticed that the program crash as it expects something in the /tmp/ directory that for some reason is not there.

The only cccam221 that I had ever used is that present and downloaded from your feed.
 
Yes, you are right. Something about /tmp being unavailable.

Please change EPG location to HDD or USB for now.
IMO, if HDD is present, internal flash should not be selected. There was a mod by Iamateaf. But that is another story.

By feeds, do you mean you installed it from Menu > Plugins > Green (Download) ?
 
Ok, I'll change EPG to USB.
And yes, I only use cccam or any plugin by Menu>Plugins>Download.

My sentiment at this moment is that something in an earlier 3.2 build (around 06 to 09) had a bug and changed definitively by error something in the cpu/flash. Something normally not rewrited or reseted by flash and software.
This because everybody having had this crash (see previous posts) could no further have previous version working without it. I personally reinstalled Apollo 166 which worked very well for me for a long time, and now it gives me this crash.

And something had changed since build 013. Before I always had one crash at a time with the screen shown in picture of post #6 and loosing immediately the connection with the box so we couldn't retrieve any log.
Since build 013 I always have a first and different crash, then the box restarts itself and makes the crash of #6.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top