Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

VU+ Solo 2 - VIX image Hades / VIX 3.2 - Crashing

  • Thread starter Thread starter scar0x
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
If is not OpenVPN, it has something to do with it.
Running now for around 24 hours without OpenVPN.
 
I don't use open VPN. But mine keeps crashing. I use CCcam
2.3 with a fresh flash but I get exactly he same I've tried Alsorts but I still cannot manage to get it working without crashing.
 
But more strangely, after having had this crash one of the first things I do was to go back to backuped images of prior versions that worked (I tried back to Apollo 166), and this versions working in the past, now crashed (exactly same 'big crash')!
This very strongly suggest it's not an issue with your box, but with your environment (LAN/router). I'm pretty sure a reset of your router would have fixed this.

That leaves the 'why' question unanswered though....
 
This very strongly suggest it's not an issue with your box, but with your environment (LAN/router). I'm pretty sure a reset of your router would have fixed this.

That leaves the 'why' question unanswered though....

I tried resetting my router and re doing it all but I had no chance to et it working I've given up all hope tbh I've spent hours and hours of trying different things but no luck I also have my dads box at mine also with the same problem ://
 
This very strongly suggest it's not an issue with your box, but with your environment (LAN/router). I'm pretty sure a reset of your router would have fixed this.

That leaves the 'why' question unanswered though....

How can a router crash the box?
Anyway, I never had an issue with the router (dd-wrt) but I've reset it as Sicilian suggested and of course it changed nothing: crash using OpenVPN (in the STB), not in the router.
The STB have 'memorized' something, somewhere and that's why one of the first things I've done was to disconnect my hdd and reflashed with the legacy Vu+ firmware.
 
I don't use open VPN. But mine keeps crashing. I use CCcam
2.3 with a fresh flash but I get exactly he same I've tried Alsorts but I still cannot manage to get it working without crashing.

I'm pretty sure is a complex issue, something like a memory overflow.
Do you get crashes without cccam2.3?
 
I had it running for a few hours with no crashing without CCcam installed but as soon as I installed it it crashed half hour later.
 
More crashlogs please.

I'll send you more crash logs but the final crash is always the one you see in the picture of the post #6.
Still nobody had commented it but isn't strange? Error when setting framerate in Transcoding setup... I not use transcoding.
 
I'll send you more crash logs but the final crash is always the one you see in the picture of the post #6.
Still nobody had commented it but isn't strange? Error when setting framerate in Transcoding setup... I not use transcoding.

so many different & probably wrong conclusions in this thread.
The more crash logs uploaded here, the better.
 
Same crash so.
Code:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/tmp/cam.check.log'
Can you FTP into the box? If so, what files are in /tmp/
 
Same crash so.
Code:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/tmp/cam.check.log'
Can you FTP into the box? If so, what files are in /tmp/

Sorry, this is a log from yesterday and I've since reflashed. I'll try to ftp the next time.

Anyway, this is a common issue on all this crashes: accessing something supposed to be in /tmp/ that is not there for some reason (that why I think of some memory management issue, erasing /tmp/ and other locations).
 
I'm having similar issue with tmp folder with another member re thread regarding crash when box does Online Update Check...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
 
I had my box doing it with online update too, but it crashed without it also, and once it crashes I cannot ftp into the box without reloading a backup image or re flashing, i will have to save log files to usb stick and try and upload
 
I had my box doing it with online update too, but it crashed without it also, and once it crashes I cannot ftp into the box without reloading a backup image or re flashing, i will have to save log files to usb stick and try and upload

Can you please re-flash and setup completly fresh Build 3.2.007 from here http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/...ges/vu-solo-2/vu-solo-2-openvix-3-2-archives/

Do not restore any backups, nothing. Setup completely fresh and leave 24 hours as free to air, no softcams, nothing. After 24 hours re-add your softcam. Please report back.

DO NOT SOFTWARE UPDATE.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top