Crashed with an external switch.
I've just verified in specs but my router (as all modern routers) has already its ports switched (integrated switch).
Crash log from this please.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Crashed with an external switch.
I've just verified in specs but my router (as all modern routers) has already its ports switched (integrated switch).
Crashed with an external switch.
I've just verified in specs but my router (as all modern routers) has already its ports switched (integrated switch).
Without going back over the full thread, what box & router are you using again?
Does the box have a MAC address that your router picks up?
Crash log from this please.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've done further testing after your crash report lastnight. It's 100% network issue and sorry to say you're going to have to find the cause on your network.
I managed to replicate the crash again using a switch. Also found that simply couch flashing was grinding my network to a halt, strange, but true. At that point swapped Asus router a Linksys router.
No crash using Linksys router, therefore connected up Asus router to lappie, check differences in settings etc.. I found I still had ports opened that I'd opened for a team member a few weeks back, telnet and http ports both forwarded to Duo2, yes what an idiot forgetting about thisI also checked Asus for firmware updates and updated router to latest firmware.
Now connected backup to Asus router, ports closed, firmware upgraded no crash at lastSo I either had a firmware issue on router or box was being hacked/attacked due to the ports being open.
Yes network/routers can bring receivers down, no matter what you like to believe. Tested with two routers at home as explained above and taken to complete new network at another property, all ports closed on that other network, no issues with the receiver connected to the other network.
Not configured properly so, not to mind not using a local card...Yes I also prefer oscam but after playing a lot with it I couldn't get the same results, freezing more often.
Please be aware that the NIC of any STB is only a low quality one, and that applies especially to the drivers. And as the drivers are supplied by the manufacturer and they are 'closed source', there's nothing the image builder can do about it.
Also be aware that Sicilian was able to reproduce this very same issue with different brands STB's.
Not configured properly so, not to mind not using a local card...
Good point, discards specific manufacturer drivers.
And this lead us to conclude that the problem is into an intermediate layer of software between manufacturer drivers and specific images, right?
Please be aware that the NIC of any STB is only a low quality one, and that applies especially to the drivers. And as the drivers are supplied by the manufacturer and they are 'closed source', there's nothing the image builder can do about it.
Also be aware that Sicilian was able to reproduce this very same issue with different brands STB's.
As far as I can see the image itself (i.e. Linux + Enigma2) is not involved. It's just the NIC (in hardware and drivers); the image just gets the data from there.Good point, discards specific manufacturer drivers.
And this lead us to conclude that the problem is into an intermediate layer of software between manufacturer drivers and specific images, right?
As far as I can see the image itself (i.e. Linux + Enigma2) is not involved. It's just the NIC (in hardware and drivers); the image just gets the data from there.