Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

VU+ Solo2 OpenVix Backup Settings?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JoJoNZ
  • Start date Start date
J

JoJoNZ

Guest
Hi,

I am new to all of this, so an "idiots guide" reply would be most appreciated, along with any addiition information on any other topic you think I may find helpful. I am also in New Zealand, if that makes any difference.

I was happily backing up my VU+ and Vix, or so I thought until I went to restore them after mucking something up.

When I went to do the restore it would not work and I had to reflash.

Then I discovered that there were settings within the backup options, and wondered what I needed to do to back up correctly so I can restore if my upcoming tweaks cause issues.

VIX/Backup Manager/Menu/Choose Files gives me a long list of options: bin/boot/dev/etc/hdd/home/lib/media/mnt/proc/run/sbin/sare/sys/tmp/usr/var

Whcih do I choose?

I am on VU+ Solo2 rnnign OpenVix and using and external HDD to store movies etc on.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Cheers!
 
backup manager will list all your images that you stored on box, but if its new you will have to start the ball rolling green button [ NEW BACKUP ] then it will make a new listing= vix-rel-5.0.020 20170805 which is the date i just did mine.

when you have a few or one and you want to go back [ RESTORE ] then select which one.let box do its thing and reboot.:thumbsup:
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top