Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

VU+ Solo2 Software Update Help.

John57

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2014
Messages
227
Reaction score
1
Points
18
Location
Germany
Afternoon All

I would now like to attempt to update my VU+Solo 2 from its current version 32 to the most latest and stable image.

I have tried to look through all the threads relating to this process of using the internal updater but still feel a little bit nervous attempting it without so called "clear steps guide" how best to proceed.

Yesterday Andy kindly indicated to me that my current 32 version is slightly behind in terms of the latest/stable version, could I ask the form members for a little assistance in doing this process correctly as I am unable to download the files to a usb stick as I attempted to do this at the beginning but as my home computers are all mac models I am unable to flash any usb stick that my Solo2 box sees and thats why I would prefer to use the inbox software update option to move forward and ongoing in order to keep up-to-date clearly following the correct processes step by step that the members recommend ie, doing a back up and then proceeding. If the forum members could assist me then I believe going forward I could continue to do this on my own

Quote from Andy

"I would blue button, Vix and do a backup first then I would use the image downloader to download 62 and restore there. Only a 5-10 minute job"

I am sorry if what I asking is so basic to most of you but I am willing to learn in order to avoid asking some of these basic questions

Thank you all in anticipation

Regards
John.
 
Aup buddy. I'll help you along. First things first. Press the blue button, ViX, Backup Manager, then Green Button to do a fresh Backup of your Image/Settings etc.
 
Press the blue button then navigate to the ViX option. Go to backup manager and create a settings backup. Then go to the image manager and create a backup.

Once completed hit the download button in the image manager to download the latest image build, if you can't see build 062 here try downloading it directly from www.openvix.co.uk and FTP this image directly to /HDD/imagebackups/ (assuming you have a hard disc installed in your receiver). Then hit the restore button on the build you want to install, you can restore your settings backup during the first install wizard when the receiver reboots.


Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
 
If done correctly, the backed-up image will have todays date and time on the end? If so now exit and then go to Image Manager, Yellow button, and select the latest Image, openvix-Apollo.062-xxxxx and Green button to download. and press Yes when a box appears in the middle of the screen. When done press exit and your image you have downloaded will be listed and just highlight it and press the blue button to Restore.
 
After a few minutes it will be like setting up from fresh, selecting your Resolution, Language etc but then it will prompt you it has found a backup and do you wish to Restore, Say Yes to this. And will also ask if you wish to restore Pluging, again select Yes. And then it will do the rest for you buddy. Nothing to be frightened off, trust me bud.
 
Andy/Pheonix,

Thank you both very much, what you have both instructed me to do seems so very straight forward.
Pheonix, yes I do have a hard drive, ironically it's the 500GB from my Macbook Pro as I upgraded to a SSD Drive.

can I ask the following,

1. Will it keep all my channels as I have at the moment?
2. When it is all completed will I see a previous back up image that I should delete or just leave?

Thank you both

Regards
John
 
If you follow as per my instruction you will keep everthing including your channel list etc. :thumbsup:
 
Andy/Pheonix,

Just a quick update so far,

I have followed both instructions as issued via you both but did notice that Pheonix added not only the back up manager but also the image manager and create a backup, this is what I did.

So far its all worked but the update is still going in terms of the restore wizard its cycling through the background checks for the last five minutes hope it ends these check soon

The latest upgrade software options I was offered was 37 so I selected this option I don't have the confidence to proceed as Pheonix suggested " if you can't see build 062 here try downloading it directly from www.openvix.co.uk and FTP this image directly to /HDD/imagebackups/ (assuming you have a hard disc installed in your receiver). Then hit the restore button on the build you want to install, you can restore your settings backup during the first install wizard when the receiver reboots.

The re-store process is still going through its cycle ......is this normal?

Kind Regards
John
 
Andy/Pheonix,

Just a further update for you both, I have now switched the box off in order to stop the recycling that was happing, waited and then started the box again, its all working, software has updated to 37 but the overall layout is different, must be the original skin which given time I feel I might actually like its a dark grey set up.

Guys, thank you both very much while it has updated and I followed both of your advice I am 90% there I guess if I go into the update manager in a day or so then the software version might be updated.

Many thanks to you both

Regards
John
 
Andy

It says build 37 (Kernel 3.13.5) that was the only image available to me when I was offered to update, OK its not the very latest but there must be a reason for that.
When I powered up again for the first time after the update and after I shut the box down as it was just cycling through the wizard for 20 minutes I am now presented with a completely different screen graphics then I had before, its not bad its seems to be the original graphic, in fact I like it, what I have lost are my Iplayer and On demand plugs in but for now thats not a major issue. I have set my screen resolution from 1080I to 1080p and it works well on my Pioneer 500A Kuro

If you have any other suggestions Andy then please feel free to suggest them, I feel good that I was able to get this far, I m always willing to learn and give it a try so a big thumbs up to you and Pheonix

Kind Regards
John
 
Andy
Just check the image manager and I still only update 37 plus the previous version that I had.

Ronand
I have read post 3 once again and I did follow the instructions to the letter not sure why I lost my old skin but the default skin is not bad at all

Regards
John
 
If you looked at openvix.co.uk you would see the latest image (build 62)

Code:
openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Vu%2BSolo2/

Having an apple mac is not an issue - ftp the file to the receiver as suggested by phoenix in post #3
 
John, only option I can see for you now is to update via usb stick and restore from the backup you made earlier. Do you have a usb stick spare?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top