Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

VU+ Solo2 Software Update Help.

If you looked at openvix.co.uk you would see the latest image (build 62)

Code:
openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Vu%2BSolo2/

Having an apple mac is not an issue - ftp the file to the receiver as suggested by phoenix in post #3

What ftp client would you advise for Mac?
 
Filezilla is what I use on windows and is available for mac too. I find it works fine
 
Ronand,

Andy is correct about my computer set up, one Macbook Pro and one 27 iMac with no Bootcamp on it.
I would always prefer to do the software update via the internal option provided this is possible going forward, I do like to keep up-to-date with all forms of software updates as it keeps everything ticking over nicely after it has gone through a development and trial phase.

I will perform the above check again in a few hours to see if the latest update is visible.

As always I really welcome the positive and supportive feedback from all

Regards
John.
 
There were some server-side changes a while back to you cant use the software update method atm until you flash a more recent image. You will only have to do this once and then you will be able to use the software update menu again. Dont be put off by having to send a single file by ftp - its not that hard and you will get help here to do it.
 
Andy,

I have a few usb sticks so this is not an issue but it did manage to update to 37 and the original skin is not bad at all, in fact all i miss so far are BBC I player and On Demand, and the option to see the signal strength /db value in the banner

When it comes to ftp client I am using or on - sorry have no idea I am a semi profesioanl photographer and only use computers for editing all of my images nothing to much in depth I am afraid.

Kind Regards
John
 
Your other option is to use a friends windows pc/laptop to format the usb stick as fat32 and download the image from the openvix site and extract it to the usb stick.
 
Ronand,

Thank you for your help, I remember a few years ago when I had Tag Mclaren Hifi kit which could all be updated software wise with new software but again it was only for PC based files so I had to keep asking family and friends to send me the files on a stick, very cumbersome.

In the shop where I purchased my unit I can only state how great they are, in fact the guys are so very very patient and supportive with me just as this forum is, it is a negative that a few of us are only mac based.

I will look at downloading the latest update onto a stick and try once more

Regards to all

John.
 
Its always been a disadvantage of the mac that it is a minority product despite its good quality.
 
John, I have just switched startup to Mac on my iMac and formatted a usb stick using Disk Utility, formatted to FAT (DOS) and then went to openvix downloads, downloaded latest build, placed it on the newly formatted FAT (DOS) usb and bingo my Solo 2 recognised it and pressed ok on the Solo2 when prompted. Will you please try this method?
 
Just download it and FTP it to box then use image manager to restore it as already been said a few times...
 
Andy
Just check the image manager and I still only update 37 plus the previous version that I had.

Ronand
I have read post 3 once again and I did follow the instructions to the letter not sure why I lost my old skin but the default skin is not bad at all

Regards
John

As I said above if need be go to www.openvix.co.uk download build 062 and FTP it directly to /hdd/imagebackups/ on your receiver then use the image manager to restore / flash the receiver.
 
Andy

This sound great going to try it within the next 30 minutes would be really good if it works

(John, I have just switched startup to Mac on my iMac and formatted a usb stick using Disk Utility, formatted to FAT (DOS) and then went to openvix downloads, downloaded latest build, placed it on the newly formatted FAT (DOS) usb and bingo my Solo 2 recognised it and pressed ok on the Solo2 when prompted. Will you please try this method?)

DaMacFunkin, thank you for your kind input as well

Regards
John
 
Andy

I am now back home, done as you suggested, got a free USB stick, formatted it downloaded latest image 62 which is now on my stick

I will follow the same back up procedures as you and Pheonix recommended to start with, will need to refresh my memory how to flash from a USB stick from the documents that I downloaded from the site. Do you have any further suggestions before I start?

Regards
John
 
Last edited:
Andy,

Sorry forgot to ask did you have to open the file and load only the contents onto the stick?

Regards
John
 
Andy,

Sorry forgot to ask did you have to open the file and load only the contents onto the stick?

Regards
John

copy the entire vuplus folder from the archive to the usb stick.
 
H Guys

Just to give you some feedback.

Followed the instruction and tips that Andy suggest, found two empty usb sticks, formatted them both using disk utilities to Fat 32 (DOS) downloaded the latest image on each of the sticks and then proceeded to do the install as per the instructions obtained from this forum,

Preparation.
1. Format a USB stick to FAT32.
2. Download the image of your choice and extract it to your desktop.
3. Open the folder you extracted to your desktop, in this case named openvix-3.0.658-
vusolo2_usb, you will see another folder named vuplus, this is your image file. Copy the entire vuplus folder directly to the USB stick.
Flashing the Receiver.
– Fully power the receiver down via the rocker switch at the rear of the receiver.
– Insert the USB stick containing the image files into one of the USB ports on the receiver.
– Power the receiver on from the rear rocker switch and await instructions.

Sadly nothing happened, the receiver just booted up as normal without doing the update. I think I have exhausted the help from all that have made great suggestions today at least I have moved from 32 to 37 I will try the internal update once again tomorrow to see if I can creep forward to the latest available image

A big thank you to ALL, many thanks for sicking with me

Kind Regards
John
 
Hi John,

Can I ask why you tried updating... 3. Open the folder you extracted to your desktop, in this case named openvix-3.0.658- ?? This is ViX 3.0 whereas ViX Apollo is ViX 4.0
 
Andy,

Sorry for any confusion the text I inserted was a copy of the text taken from the forums manual, I actually downloaded the correct image and have since the last few hours tried three usb sticks to Fat 32 DOS, looked on google for alternative options for mac and just tried it all once again, simple said the contents of the usb stick is no seen when I power up, I think I will go to the shop and ask the guys just to place the latest image onto the stick for me, I have to get a handle on this as need to do this for myself going forward. Andy, you and the others have been more then supportive I will not give up as its such a great box, in fact just been looking for a new and more sensitive LNB, I see they have a good selection in the WOS Shop.

Kind Regards
John
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top