Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

VU+ Solo2 - VU USB Turbo Tuner and Vix Image

  • Thread starter Thread starter iam
  • Start date Start date
I

iam

Guest
Hi,

I have VU Solo2 running BH image. I am speculating to install Vix image. I have some questions before I switch:


1. I am wondering if Vix image has (part of image) driver (plugin) to support VU USB Turbo Tuner
2. How easy is to have both Sly and VM EPG downloading and refresh, one of reason why I am switching to Vix
3. I think ABM is good to mange Cable channels list
4. How about Sly channel list. I have been using Catseyes channel list on BH

Many thanks for reading and replying. Cheers!
 
1. The drivers are not included in the image. You have to install them from the plugin menu.
2. Very. They are two differnt processes (unless you use internet based EPG)
3. ABM does several providers. Latest versions also work on Blackhole.
4. As above, you can mix and match. However, there were/are some anomalies with catseye's list and ABM. Issue has never been chased up, but there are several blank bouquets which sometimes casue issues such as N/A appaering and Remote Stream channel convertor not working.
 
After your reply i read several posts on VIX vs BH, and I learnt i should try myself both images and stick to the one i like.
Its surprising BH team has not added VM EPG to image.
Cheers!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
 
After your reply i read several posts on VIX vs BH, and I learnt i should try myself both images and stick to the one i like.
Its surprising BH team has not added VM EPG to image.
Cheers!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Pretty sure they have in latest images. You have to enable it in the menus.
 
i also want to switch back but was having issues when switching from the turbo tuner to sky the box would freeze on VIX and had to be hard rebooted. does anyone know if that issue is sorted yet?
 
Thanks for adding this point. Yes, I am now reluctant to switch to Vix image which can make my tuner obsolete. Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
 
Eh???
As for switching between a usb tuner and any other tuner or vice versa it is well documented to set time shift to 10 seconds or greater.
 
Not had one problem using the VU USB Turbo Tuner on my Ultimo or solo SE v2 (my boxes get turned off every night at the mains)

ABM works great for Vermin/Sly

I use XMLTV-importer to get both Vermin/Sly epg i make it import epg on a box reboot and downloads in the background
 
i also want to switch back but was having issues when switching from the turbo tuner to sky the box would freeze on VIX and had to be hard rebooted. does anyone know if that issue is sorted yet?


This still appears not to be resolved at present. Switching between sat and usb tuner causes a lockup.
 
Not yet, very frustrating...
i also want to switch back but was having issues when switching from the turbo tuner to sky the box would freeze on VIX and had to be hard rebooted. does anyone know if that issue is sorted yet?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top