Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

VU+ Ultimo problems with kernel 9.6

tappari

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2012
Messages
600
Reaction score
2
Points
0
I have been testing VU+ Ultimo with this latest kernel and Apollo. Something is wrong compared to Apollo 024. If I install Sundtek usb-T2 tunerstick, booting jams the box. That only happens if I have cifs-mounts installed. Sundtek visited my Ultimo for two ours last week via their mediaclient. Their conclution is:

"after testing it seems to me as if there is some race condition with some other task (it is no driver bug, the driver itself works properly).

If you first run enigma2 without the tuner attached it pre-initializes "something", once you shut it down (not rebooting) and start enigma2 a second time everything will work.

I think it is mounting harddisks and or doing some check at that point

The only thing that could be done here is to figure out what enigma2 is initializing and do that manually before enigma accesses the external tuner."

After this I removed cifs mounts and booting is ok.

So please remember, that everything works ok with version 024.
 
Last edited:
Sorry for the thread name. It should be 3.9.6.
After testing Open PLi with 3.1.1 kernel and seeing that OpenATV offers 4.2.2 image with 3.1.1 kernel because of failures, I still wonder why ViX is having this failure-kernel with images for Ultimo. Version 024 of Apollo still is ok with 3.1.1 kernel. Sundtek`s estimate from private conversation:
It's a pity that VU+ cannot maintain good code quality like Dream Multimedia does, we visited Marusys some years ago and seems like they only have
very few people to do all that.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top