Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

VU+ UNO help needed please

  • Thread starter Thread starter DeGea468
  • Start date Start date
D

DeGea468

Guest
Hello

I' am new to sat receivers and I've been doing a lot of research into it as i want a quality receiver
I have done a lot of research into the Dreambox 800HDse (first i heard about) and i know how to set it all up, i know the image i want (newnigma2) and how to install it etc I want the genuine box from an authorized seller and not a clone
However i have now come across the VU+ UNO which people on forums I've looked at say its better than the 800HDse

Is the VU+ UNO really better than the 800 HDse?

I know how to install an image to the VU+ UNO (usb) but is there other images apart from the VIX and blackhole? which is the best/has the most features?

Thanks in advance for all replies.
 
:hello: and :welcome: You wont go wrong with the UNO it is imho better than the DM. If you want more bangs for your bucks, the VU+ DUO and Xtrend XT900 is also worthy boxes and unlike the UNO are twin tuners. As they are more established boxes, therefor have more images for them than the uno.

Whatever you decide don't forget to check out forum sponsors.
 
Vu uno has a faster processor more ram more memory bigger VFD etc etc etc

and is far cheaper to buy

pli egami and many other teams do suppport it but i bet if u tried vix you wont want the rest
 
both i and silverfox own a Uno silverfox also owns a DM800 and i would without hesitation every time recommend a Uno over any dreambox. and i'm not against dreamboxes i have several my self
 
:hello: and :welcome: You wont go wrong with the UNO it is imho better than the DM. If you want more bangs for your bucks, the VU+ DUO and Xtrend XT900 is also worthy boxes and unlike the UNO are twin tuners. As they are more established boxes, therefor have more images for them than the uno.

Whatever you decide don't forget to check out forum sponsors.

Vu uno has a faster processor more ram more memory bigger VFD etc etc etc

and is far cheaper to buy

pli egami and many other teams do suppport it but i bet if u tried vix you wont want the rest

both i and silverfox own a Uno silverfox also owns a DM800 and i would without hesitation every time recommend a Uno over any dreambox. and i'm not against dreamboxes i have several my self
Thank you all for your replies

Looks like i'll be getting the VU+ UNO based on your replies and comments I've seen on other elsewhere etc and okay then i'll check out your sponsors.

I assume the VU+ UNO box in your sponsors store is genuine? Are they authorized sellers? sorry if i'm being overly cautious its just there's lots of clone receivers floating around.

What are the key features about the ViX image?

There's some other questions i wanted to ask but in your rules it said that you can't discuss it :(.. Would i be able to PM 1 of you to ask them?

Also whats the difference between

ViX Team Vu+ Uno Image: v2.2

and

ViX Team Enigma 2 HD settings for 28.2E & UK DTT HERE
ViX Team Enigma 2 HD settings for 28.2E
ViX Team Enigma 2 SD settings for 28.2E
ViX Team Enigma I SD settings for 28.2E
 
Last edited by a moderator:
ViX Team Vu+ Uno Image: v2.2 is the image the receiver runs or its operating system if you like the others are bouquet packs or channel lists premade so you dont have to scan them your self
 
ViX Team Vu+ Uno Image: v2.2 is the image the receiver runs or its operating system if you like the others are bouquet packs or channel lists premade so you dont have to scan them your self

Oh right okay then i see.

Whats DTT stand for?

Would i need both the SD and HD settings?
 
DTT is for digital terrestrial television. the HD settings contain both SD and HD channel settings where as the SD settings only contain the SD channels.
 
DTT is for digital terrestrial television. the HD settings contain both SD and HD channel settings where as the SD settings only contain the SD channels.
I understand now thank you pheonix, I'll download that.

Is there any PC software i should download to help set up/configure the VU+ UNO box?

Whats the difference between the two HD setting? one says 'HD SWAP'?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
you may need something such as dreamset or dreambox edit to load the bouquet to your receiver and a ftp program.

as for the difference between the HD and HD swap bouquets. a little time ago sky uk changed the line up of some of it's HD channels to take place of their SD counterparts. the HD swap i believe follows this new format and the standard HD pack follow the older lineup. ( i may have that the wrong way around though but thats the basics of it )
 
you may need something such as dreamset or dreambox edit to load the bouquet to your receiver and a ftp program.

as for the difference between the HD and HD swap bouquets. a little time ago sky uk changed the line up of some of it's HD channels to take place of their SD counterparts. the HD swap i believe follows this new format and the standard HD pack follow the older lineup. ( i may have that the wrong way around though but thats the basics of it )

Oh right okay then i have 'DreamBoxEdit-3.0.0.0-setup.exe' i downloaded it the other day and i have also downloaded a FTP program as well.

Yes i remember Sky doing that so the sky HD channels would be easier to find. I think the HD SWAP follows the new format as well.

Would i be able to preview the channel list prior to loading it onto the VU+ UNO?

Can you do the same sky+ features with the UNO? Pause, forward, rewind, record etc?
 
DreamBoxEdit 3.0 is very old: development has stopped and taken over by another team. It's DBE 4.1.0.1 you should use (see here).

Personally I prefer using DreamSet (Downloade here), but just try them both (and thee are more out there).

Which image to use is really a personal matter: just try a number of them and see for yourself (although I'm pretty sure you will end up using ViX :D )
 
DreamBoxEdit 3.0 is very old: development has stopped and taken over by another team. It's DBE 4.1.0.1 you should use (see here).

Personally I prefer using DreamSet (Downloade here), but just try them both (and thee are more out there).

Which image to use is really a personal matter: just try a number of them and see for yourself (although I'm pretty sure you will end up using ViX :D )
Thank you for that i have downloaded the up to date version and Dreamset, I'll try them both out.

I came across Vu+ Control Centre? do i need this?

Also do i need 'softcam'? i'm not sure if i need it.

I'll try ViX first :thumbsup: and probably stick with it, there is only a couple of others that I've found (unlike the 800HDse where i found loads of images, but only like 4-5 were right up there as the best). I don't wan't to keep installing images and having to re-configure etc plus wouldn't want to risk messing the box up when i buy it.
 
Yes you will need a softcam and the vix image ones can be downloaded from here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?5921-Cams-for-ViX-Team-images and how to install them here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...Camd-Others-on-Duo-Solo-Uno-ET9000-ET5000-ViX

As for your earlier question about clones, with the Dreambox unfortunately clones are the preeminent box for sale on most site but as yet no clones exist for any of the VU+ models or Xtrend ones.
Thank you Stanman, i went to the link however there's 17 different files although i do recognize a few. Which ones do i need?

I noticed on a lot of websites they are selling the clone 800HDse it was pretty much every site i found and ebay/amazon, Was surprised at how many clones are being sold vs the genuine box.
 
The softcam is personal choice but as your starting out I would suggest CCcam - either one will be OK
 
The softcam is personal choice but as your starting out I would suggest CCcam - either one will be OK
Okay then and based on the research i've done cccam is what i need but thought there might be others.

which is the newest?

enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.2.1_1.0-r0_mipsel.ipk (i think this one)

or

enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.2_1.0-r0_mipsel.ipk

Is there any useful plugins that you and others would recommend?
 
Thank you all for your replies

Looks like i'll be getting the VU+ UNO based on your replies and comments I've seen on other elsewhere etc and okay then i'll check out your sponsors.

I assume the VU+ UNO box in your sponsors store is genuine? Are they authorized sellers? sorry if i'm being overly cautious its just there's lots of clone receivers floating around.

What are the key features about the ViX image?

There's some other questions i wanted to ask but in your rules it said that you can't discuss it :(.. Would i be able to PM 1 of you to ask them?

Also whats the difference between

ViX Team Vu+ Uno Image: v2.2

and

ViX Team Enigma 2 HD settings for 28.2E & UK DTT HERE
ViX Team Enigma 2 HD settings for 28.2E
ViX Team Enigma 2 SD settings for 28.2E
ViX Team Enigma I SD settings for 28.2E

Just to clarify, yes we are authorised resellers of VU+. We only stock genuine receviers of any brand with full warranty. We do not entertain clones in any way, shape or form. The VU+ Uno's are in stock ready for dispatch ;)
 
Hi again

I wanted a 7day guide with synopsis/program description if possible, I've been told about 'coolepg' and 'weekepg' and came across one called 'satman' (i think its called)

Which is the best/most reliable? which will best give the sky+ experience as thats what i'm use to.

Also i'm i right to think that the 'skins' control the look/style of the guide and the image controls the overall look of the UI?

Is there any useful plugins that are recommended?
 
Cool EPG is a plugin, providing a specific EPG-look. Using ViX as image, this one is not needed, as ViX has a simular (but much faster) EPG.
Satman is part of XMLTV-import: a plugin, but default present in ViX.
Skins can controll the look of many items, including EPG-presentation.

The bottom line is: ViX provides a near-complete image, so not many plugins are needed.
But you will have to find out for yourself if you want to add any plugin.
My advise: Meteoviewer + Shoutcast.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top