Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

VU+ Uno Ultimo Duo2 Plug and Play Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 Tuner Module & Magic Eye

  • Thread starter Thread starter NAVSTA
  • Start date Start date
N

NAVSTA

Guest
Hi
I recently purchased a vu+duo solo2. Brilliant bit of kit!
I wanted to connect my magic eye so I can send the signal of the solo2 from the living room into the bedroom.
I have a magic eye and it is working currently with my skybox and sends signal from skybox in living room to to tv in the bedroom. I'd be happy to switch the magic eye to my solo2.
So I was thinking of purchasing;
'VU+ Uno Ultimo Duo2 Plug and Play Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 Tuner Module'
http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/VU/vu-hybrid-dvb-c-t-t2-tuner-module-uno-ultimo-duo2-duo-2
Has anybody purchased one?
If so have you tried it with magic eye and does it work?
And finally how difficult is it to install & setup?

Ps I'm a bit of a Noob
Cheers
 
VU+ Uno Ultimo Duo2 Plug and Play Hybrid DVB

Which Vu+ receiver do you have? (You mentioned two different ones)
 
VU+ Uno Ultimo Duo2 Plug and Play Hybrid DVB

those tuners do not do what you want to do.
solo 2 has soldered tuners anyway.

you need an rf modulator
 
Last edited:
Thanks Abu I think I'll go for the Mercury 'Universal RF Video Modulator ILS102'.
Seems a bit more easier than opening up the box and soldering.
 
You may need a remote extender, though. The "magic eye" which you have been using may have been powered by the sky box RF2 output. A standard RF modulator may not supply the power to the magic eye in the bedroom or accept the signals back from it down the coaxial cable. You may need to do some research on modulators with magic eye support.
 
Or...

Just install a cheap second receiver in the other room. It will work independently of the other receiver and you would be able to stream recordings from the other receiver. And if there is no satellite feed in the other room you can just stream from your main box.

For Solo2 and terrestrial just get a USB tuner. Vu+ Turbo USB for example.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top