S
selondoner
Guest
Thanks Regarto. Will a look when no one is watching the Tv!
I've got the plugin to run every 60mins as suggested.
I've got the plugin to run every 60mins as suggested.
I see some on OpenPLi forum are supposing the instability problem regarding the the new kernel is due to lack of memory and advise to run these two commands in telnet:
Code:echo 8198 > /proc/sys/vm/min_free_kbytes echo 'vm.min_free_kbytes=8198' > /etc/sysctl.conf
Im not sure what these commands are doing exactly but I guess the purpose is to ensure suitable free memory. I have done it and my box with VIX 2.3.204 is running for 16 days today. Why not give it a try before downgrade to 2.3.133.
Are the Vix Beta Testers finding any issue like this on the test builds for the new image...
Will have to check and see what my settings are for my HDD and check its ext4. Does that go for your USB sticks too?
(I assume initialising it means you lose all data on the HDD?)
I much prefer ViX to BlackHole, just looks all around better. The small HDD bugs I experience are only on ViX though which is frustrating, for example if I pause I get a black screen for 1-2 seconds before it's actually paused whereas BlackHole pauses on the last thing that was shown on screen (which is the behaviour I would expect). And timeshifting jumps all over the place when I rewind/ff, can be really annoying, the time starts displaying thousands of minutes which clearly isn't right. And lastly, when I watch a movie that I've recorded every so often I have to rewind/ff to stop it skipping as well. This is all on an ext4 formatted HDD too, so it's not that.
If these issues were fixed it would be the best image hands down, as it is it's still the best image but with some pretty noticeable faults.
LOL. there we go again: picture quality is only driver dependant, and all images use the same drivers..... picture better,...
You're absolutely free to choose any image you like. Of course! That's the advantage of having a lot of choice to pick from......I am entitled to say and give my opinion, not to be looked down on if i choose to use a non vix image which i feel i/others get if they mention as such....
Well then, there you go! As has been repeatedly stated PQ is only driver dependant.I do not use any enhancers etc and made no changes to the tv or viewing options merely only the image.