Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Where can I find information about EPG related details?

@ Birdman:
...
2- Did you have a go with
Code:
http://forums.openpli.org/topic/35499-epg-convert-to-rytec/?view=findpost&p=451518
as suggested earlier?
Thanks.
I didn't see any suggestion for that, but from what I can see that is a means of scraping data from OpenWebif HTML pages and creating a Rytec formatted XML file from it.
Getting the data out of my box is not my problem. It's how to get it into it that I'm looking at.
 
@Birdman - the ABM process is different to the normal E2 scanning process. Take the Astra satellite cluster as an example. If you run an E2 scan on 28.2 (whole satellite), it will run through its list of transponders plus the network PIDs, tune to them sequentially and extract every channel and store them in lamedb.
With an empty lamedb, if you run ABM and set it for Freesat and/or SKY for particular region(s) it will tune to the home transponder of Freesat and extract a list of transponder frequencies and the Freesat services from that home transponder. It will store the frequencies and service names in lamedb. Similarly it will tune to the SKY home transponder extract the details etc. etc. The difference between the ABM scan and an E2 scan is that it runs in about one minute and extracts those services contained within the SKY/Freesat bouquet of channels. An E2 scan will take much longer and will extract (theoretically) every service from every transponder it tunes to.
 
@Birdman - the ABM process is different to the normal E2 scanning process....
Which explains the comment from abu baniaz then.
But since I only have DVB-T(2) tuners, and have them set to Sandy Heath (which now has all of its mux frequencies defined in terrestial.xml), I'm not going to see any actual difference. It is already scanning as quickly as it can and getting all that it can (although not storing channel numbers in lamedb...)
 
For terrestrial the situation is similar, but on a much smaller scale. Freeview covers all the SD and HD channels in about 7 multiplexes ( equivalent to transponders in the satellite environment) from Sandy Heath. Well, about 6 and a bit multiplexes if you eliminate the SD equivalents of the BBCs and ITV. ABM tunes to the primary multiplex (PSB1/BBCA) and then uses frequency information stored in the NIT PID to populate the channel information on lamedb without having to tune to all the other multiplexes. It's working for SD, but not (as far as I know) for HD. ABM doesn't work at all well in the Irish DVB-T environment due to duff frequency info held in the NIT.
The E2 scan that you are doing will pull in all the HD and SD channels as you say, but the E2 scan does not seem to use the channel numbers (LCNs) stored in the service information, so you don't get a nicely sorted scan as you would on a commercial Freeview receiver. The advantage with ABM is that it orders the channels. I just do an E2 scan of my local multiplexes and store the services manually in my favourites list. As there are only about 10 TV and 9 radio channels live so far on the Irish DVB-T service it's not a big deal.
 
For terrestrial the situation is similar, but on a much smaller scale. ...It's working for SD, but not (as far as I know) for HD.
Which, for me, means that it's not working.
vide ultra said:
The E2 scan that you are doing will pull in all the HD and SD channels as you say, but the E2 scan does not seem to use the channel numbers (LCNs) stored in the service information, so you don't get a nicely sorted scan as you would on a commercial Freeview receiver. The advantage with ABM is that it orders the channels.
Which is why I've been asking about the format of bouquet files.
So what I intend to do is:
  1. Save a copy of what I currently have (it's not what I want, but everything is there - just not in the "right" place).
  2. Do an ABM scan from scratch. See what its lamedb and bouquet files look like.
  3. Do an E2 scan for Sandy Heath (which will pull in the HD channels).
  4. Work out, based on 2, what bouquet files should look like for what I want.
  5. Write a Perl script (which I'll run off-box) to process my full lamedb file (from 3) into the full set of bouquet files that I need and, at the same time, producing a picons directory with correctly-named picons (the Freeview service tags are different to the satellite ones, even though the channels are the same). The Perl script will be driven by a <DATA> section that describes whcih channels I want where, and with what numbers.

5. is the easy bit.
 
Might be stating the bleedin' obvious, so forgive me, but have you tried Dreamboxedit? I use that to tweak my own Favourites. It handles the lamedb and bouquet files through drag and drop and provides service reference details which you can use for linking picons etc.
 
I would also use ABM then scan (or other way round) before manipulating with DBedit. Apart from the HD channels, all the other TV chanenls will be in order. (Not sure what will be done on merging TV and radio together.)

We have picons for UK already.
 
Might be stating the bleedin' obvious, so forgive me, but have you tried Dreamboxedit
Yes, but it suffers form two issues.
  • It doesn't let me assign channel numbers
  • It's manual, so the next time that the Freeview channels re-organize or have new additions/deletions I'd need to go through a lot of it again. With a (personalized) script I'd just need to edit the script (quick) and run it again.
I can use it to find out what an IPTV or Radio entry should look like, though.
 
I would also use ABM then scan (or other way round) before manipulating with DBedit.
A text editor is all I really need for a text file. And I've built my favourite (uemacs) to run on the box already (first thin I did after getting it up and running).
Apart from the HD channels, all the other TV channels will be in order. (Not sure what will be done on merging TV and radio together.)
In an order, but not split as I wish.
I don't intend to merge TV and radio (but I might try it to see whether it works). If it does I could use the same bouquet lists for both (so it wouldn't matter which set I was on). However, I suspect that they are separated for a reason.
We have picons for UK already.
I did come across a set for UK Freeview, but the ~50% of the names were wrong for the lamedb entries I had (slight numbering differences). It looked like they might be transmitter-specific in some way.
 
I did come across a set for UK Freeview, but the ~50% of the names were wrong for the lamedb entries I had (slight numbering differences). It looked like they might be transmitter-specific in some way.
The picons are named after their service reference. It does not matter what the channel name or position is.
 
When you get a chance, have look at LCN scanner plugin and attepmpt to fix it. Its not working for the UK.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...nner-dor-DVB-T&p=231058&viewfull=1#post231058
Could well do, if I knew where the source was (that item just links to the installable compiled-binary). [and it's not in git://github.com/oe-alliance/enigma2-plugins.git or git://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins.git]
Although, at a rough guess, this isn't going to get very far if the tuner scans don't pout the LCN into the lamedb file.
 
Last edited:
It is not wrong, it's the way E2 works. Number or name does not matter with regards to picons.
 
It is not wrong, it's the way E2 works. Number or name does not matter with regards to picons.
We may well be talking about different picons sets.
The one I'm talking about is a file called "Rat DTT picons 2014 sept19.rar".
As an example, this contains:
1_0_19_4440_4084_233A_EEEE0000_0_0_0.png
​
but that needs to be
1_0_19_4440_4083_233A_EEEE0000_0_0_0.png
​
for my transmitter data.
 
Could well do, if I knew where the source was (that item just links to the installable compiled-binary). [and it's not in git://github.com/oe-alliance/enigma2-plugins.git or git://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins.git]
Although, at a rough guess, this isn't going to get very far if the tuner scans don't pout the LCN into the lamedb file.

E2 isn't doing anything with LCN. It is not in lamedb or in the bouquets.
The channel numbers in the bouquets are just the place where the channels are put into the bouquets.
That's why ABM uses a lot of dummy channels to simulate the original LCN.
Also a lot of providers (most of them) aren't using the 'official' LCN descriptors in the TS stream. Almost for every provider we must find out where they are hidding LCN (if there is any) and adjust the code in ABM for that specific provider.
 
E2 isn't doing anything with LCN. It is not in lamedb or in the bouquets.
...
That's why ABM uses a lot of dummy channels to simulate the original LCN.
IIRC one way that ABM knows where to add the dummy channels is because of the LCN being in lamedb. I'm sure I managed to get this to happen once (to get BBC HD onto 101) but could well be mis-remembering.

Also a lot of providers (most of them) aren't using the 'official' LCN descriptors in the TS stream.
On terrestrial UK Freeview they do. Each channel has, and uses, a unique LCN. Although I can see that if you also have cable or satellite tuners running then this may lead to all sort of clashes. Just that, since I don't, I'd like to take advantage of it.
 
I would also use ABM then scan (or other way round) before manipulating with DBedit. Apart from the HD channels, all the other TV chanenls will be in order.
Well, perhaps this is part of the reason that the HD channels don't get handled (the other being that the ABM scan doesn't actually find them).
This is a screen shot of the ABM log after scanning with no existing lamedb or bouquets.* files. It's a screen shot as, although I can display this log on the TV, there is no related file created on the system.

AutoBouquetsMaker.webp

This is complaining that /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/hd_terrestrial_freeview_GB_CustomLCN.xml doesn't exit. Which is true. There is an EXAMPLE_.... in the directory, but how are you supposed to know that you need to configure a file, and where that file is? There is no mention of this possibility before (or when) running ABM.
 
@birdman can you explain what you are trying to do? I'm sure I'm not the only one confused by this thread.
Also, what build are you using & what was the last build you didn't restore a settings backup on?
 
ABM does not detect T2 chanenls. It is on list of things to be done. Sky 19.2, Turksat and possibly merging between different multiuplexers are higher up on the list.

With regards to your comment, It is not complaining, it is stating. CustomLCN is optional for those who wish to alter the LCN. Feel free to read the LCN customistaion thread that PeterJ created recently.

Have you pressed the TV button and seen the created bouquets and in what order the chanenls are?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top