Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Which coloured EPG options do you prefer?

Which coloured EPG options do you prefer?


  • Total voters
    43
Status
Not open for further replies.

bbbuk

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2014
Messages
1,322
Reaction score
2
Points
38
It has been proposed by a forum member to change the four coloured options available whilst viewing the EPG...

For example, the current default options available whilst viewing the EPG are:-
ZQFkMK1.jpg


<RED> IMDB Search, <GREEN> Add Timer, <YELLOW> EPG Search, <BLUE> Add AutoTimer
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


However, a forum member has suggested the following four coloured options would be better:-
FjamVfG.jpg


<RED> is now "options" that bring up multiple-options and they are:- 1. IMDB Search, 2. Add Timer, 3. Add AutoTimer, 4. Search

<GREEN> Recordings - which now bring up your Recording/Movie list.

<YELLOW> -24hours - go back 24 hours in EPG

<BLUE> +24hours - go forward 24 hours in EPG

You will notice that "Timer" and "AutoTimer" have moved to the RED multiple options but you can still press the <RECORD> button for the same options. IMDB, which I suspect was rarely used, has been moved, along with EPG search to the RED multiple options as well.

This allowed the YELLOW and BLUE options to become - / + 24hours (respectively) within the EPG and leaving the Channel Up/Down to become Page Up/Down (respectively).

As everyone has different preferences on how they would like the new options, I thought I would start a poll but please remember it's best to be realistic and think how likely is it to be used by other Vix users'.

The Poll options are:

1. Stick with the current default coloured options (first picture).
2. Move to the proposed coloured options as indicated in second picture
3. Move to new options similar as option 2 but I have a suggestion (please specify in a post)
4. Other (again please specify in a post).
 
I vote for 3.

Actually I vote for 2 - but with a question. Which way should the Channel Up/Down scroll the channel listing? Should Up scroll the listing Up (== go to the "lower-numbered" channels higher up the list) or go to the "higher-numbered" channels (which would tie in with what it does when you are watching a channel).
 
I vote for option 2 but adding extra functions in the list such as zooming +- the time line and adding bouquet list.
 
I vote for 2 as it seems more relevant for the Epg screen to have those options, not related but would also like the screen to remain on the same page when you add a timer in the future and not go back to current time.
 
Definitely number 2. I really miss the "+24 hours" feature of Sky
 
Definitely number 2. I really miss the "+24 hours" feature of Sky

It's already in the image and always has been.

Pressing the INFO button in most screens brings up the help screen which tells you what the buttons do in that particular screen.
 
<RED> is now "options" that bring up multiple-options and they are:- 1. IMDB Search, 2. Add Timer, 3. Add AutoTimer, 4. Search

You will notice that "Timer" and "AutoTimer" have moved to the RED multiple options but you can still press the <RECORD> button for the same options. IMDB, which I suspect was rarely used, has been moved, along with EPG search to the RED multiple options as well.

If you are correct then IMDB should not be the default number 1 option. The position should be for the most used option.


I prefer the EPG with +24/-24 hour option BUT with an indication at the top of the page to show which day/date has been reached with multiple presses of the +/-24 hour option and not just today's date/time.

Search should also have a text search option. Enter a text search term of your choice and then the EPG is searched for a match.
 
seriously guys all of this talk of +24 hrs is bordering on ridiculous, that feature is already in the image and has been for at least three years. There is a help page built in to almost all screens, this tells you exactly what buttons do what in that screen.
 
I prefer the EPG with +24/-24 hour option BUT with an indication at the top of the page to show which day/date has been reached with multiple presses of the +/-24 hour option and not just today's date/time.

Search should also have a text search option. Enter a text search term of your choice and then the EPG is searched for a match.

Both options already available in the default image.
 
seriously guys all of this talk of +24 hrs is bordering on ridiculous, that feature is already in the image and has been for at least three years. There is a help page built in to almost all screens, this tells you exactly what buttons do what in that screen.

I have spent may hours going through all the options in the menus and I haven't come across the features that you say are in the images.
 
I have spent may hours going through all the options in the menus and I haven't come across the features that you say are in the images.

Is it really that hard to press the help button?
 
I have spent may hours going through all the options in the menus and I haven't come across the features that you say are in the images.

Press the help button and find out for your self if you think i'm lying.
 
I just think, from a user prospective, it makes sense to add most likely used things to the four coloured buttons where they're clearly labelled rather than have little used things (eg imdb), or another way to record (in addition to record button).

I wonder how many people actually used the IMDB search, for example?
 
What is meant to happen?

All I get is "TSmedia active video downloads" "Stop" "Play" "Downloads" when pressing the hep button
That plugin is taking over the help button so.
I wonder how many people actually used the IMDB search, for example?

I do for one, quite often.
 
and the debate goes on and on and on.....
 
What is meant to happen?

All I get is "TSmedia active video downloads" "Stop" "Play" "Downloads" when pressing the hep button

Thats because TSmedia has hijacked the Help button function (another of it's dirty habits in my opinion), by default in the ViX image the Help button opens a help screen showing what features are available and what certain buttons do in that particular screen
 
I've got an idea, let's move London to Edinburgh, Glasgow to Manchester, Liverpool to Birmingham and Leeds to Cardiff, and see how many people we can confused in the process. :roflmao:
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top