Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Which coloured EPG options do you prefer?

Which coloured EPG options do you prefer?


  • Total voters
    43
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, I voted wrongly :p :argue:

My vote for other should be a variation on option 2. Maybe OCD but I see no reason to have Recordings as an option in the EPG screen. I feel all coloured "option" buttons should relate as to the screen displayed.

Big big fan of CH up/down to scroll pages, and as the REC button already offers Timer/Autotimer, so probably have green as EPG search and red as whatever as I find IMDB search pointless.
 
Leave it as is.
If I was going to suggest a change it would be minor - change the blue button to bring up the bouquet list, similar to when in the channel list. Otherwise making it more like the Sky UI is counter productive - I haven't used a Sky remote in about 7 years...
 
I have voted for option 2...as I feel there needs to be a cleanup on the buttons, BUT, I wanted to find out what image is that that has the EPG exactly like SKY's? Can someone let me know please.
 
...making it more like the Sky UI is counter productive - I haven't used a Sky remote in about 7 years...
If you're referring to the skin, that is just what I use. For the purpose of this poll, I was referring to just what the coloured buttons do.

...I wanted to find out what image is that that has the EPG exactly like SKY's? Can someone let me know please.
The skin is Rossi's Blue-HD v3 available from the feeds.
 
Could you not have a choice for the coloured buttons from menu button to allow customisation? Just a thought.
If it has to be one or other then option 2 looks good to me.
 
Could you not have a choice for the coloured buttons from menu button to allow customisation? Just a thought.
If it has to be one or other then option 2 looks good to me.
I think the programming logistics for customisation could be a nightmare especially if they also have to make changes to the skin as that is a lot more work with so many skins.
 
This should be most of the EPG button pushes at present:

TV = open lists of bouquets
> (next to 0) = Jump to next bouquet.
< (next to 0) = Jump to previous bouquet.

Up/down/left/right = move within EPG

8 = Page down
2 = Page up
4 = Page left
6 = Page right

CH+ = Forward 24 hours
CH- = Back 24 hours

7 = increases/decreases number of items

5 = Jump to current time
9 = Jump to prime time. Prime ime is configurable

1 = reduce time scale
3 = Increase time scale

0 = move to home of list, i.e first channel of current bouquet

EPG = Show single EPG for current channel

Text = Go to specific date/time

Blue (short) = add auto timer for highlighted event
Blue (long) = Show autotimer list

Red (short) = IMDB search for current event
Red (long) = Sort EPG list

Green (short) = add/remove timer for highlighted event
Green (long) = Show timer list

Yellow (short) = Search for similar events

Record (short) = Add record timer for highlighted event
Record (long) = Add zap timer for highlighted event
 
Thats because TSmedia has hijacked the Help button function (another of it's dirty habits in my opinion), by default in the ViX image the Help button opens a help screen showing what features are available and what certain buttons do in that particular screen
Many use TSmedia for downloading movies and others,this assignment of least important button(help) is very useful to view the downloads jobs without entering TSmedia
any one installed TSmedia knows how to cancel this customized assignment(not hijacked) from TSmedia settings
 
I voted 3. Options menu is not required in my opinion. I would prefer it to bring up bouquets.
Does No body think channel +&- would be more suited to page up&down?
Why can't it be user customizable in the EPG menu? At the moment we can change the operation of the info and OK button, so why not coloured buttons?
 
Many use TSmedia for downloading movies and others,this assignment of least important button(help)

The help button is and always has been a very important feature in the ViX image which is being overridden when a user installs your plugin, that is the very definition of hijacking in my opinion.
 
If I had seen Abu's post at the start of this thread, I probably would not have supported option 2.
However, the reason outfits like Apple and the google clones are successful is down to the fact that everThing is so intuitive and user friendly.
Not Pushing the help button wasn't being lazy ( dumb maybe) but I assumed something significant like jumping 24 hours would be obvious, and as it isn't..... Not implemented:)

Sometimes it's better to give in gracefully, even if you don,t agree :)
 
but I assumed something significant like jumping 24 hours would be obvious, and as it isn't....
That's my position as well.

I can understand it's hard to fit many features into only 4 coloured buttons but some things like add (auto)timers being available from two coloured buttons as well as record button would be better from just record button freeing up two coloured buttons for things mostly used (I would have thought) and that is +/- 24hrs.

...Does No body think channel +&- would be more suited to page up&down?...
This is available in option 2.

Why can't it be user customizable in the EPG menu? At the moment we can change the operation of the info and OK button, so why not coloured buttons?
You can only customise things as long as it's been coded for that possible customisable option being selected and to code for everyone's possible preference would be impossible so any customisation done would be limited and may not be to everyone's preference.

I have noticed that displaying Bouquet's seem to be asked for a few times. Someone has already added this to red multi-option, or would this be preferred instead of Recordings/movie list (ie Green button)?
 
Last edited:
It was suggested earlier in the thread that you can use the help button to access all these fidden features in the g-epg, ive got a mutant hd-2400 and there is NO HELP button on this remote.
 
Just to clarify, most of the features I implemented already existed in the EPG screen or in the image in general. As a user, I felt that the user experience could be better and that is what the purpose of the modded EPG screen was.
 
At this moment, 50% like Matt's modded G-EPG screen, with 37% like the normal default way and 12% liking a variation of Matt's modded GEPG screen or other changes from the default.
 
Last edited:
We do need to seriously address the issue of the popup menu disappearing off the screen which is seen in some skins,
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top