Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Which settings gives the best quality picture?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Martincape
  • Start date Start date
M

Martincape

Guest
Hi guys,

Got a Solo2 hooked up to an LG Led TV capable of 1080p

Which settings would give the best quality picture when viewing a Sky HD channel? 1080i, 720p, 50/60hz, or trying to turn overscan off.

Or would there be no noticeable difference?
 
first of all overscan should be turned off on the TV regardless of resolution setting, secondly I defy you to tell the difference between 1080i and 720p by eye so take your pick, and thirdly 50Hz works best in the UK
 
Wow.

I've just changed the mode on the box from 1080p to 720p and it's a much crisper picture.

Strange lol
 
Yea I tried 60hz. It didn't look smooth, like the frame rate was wrong.
 
1080p is not transmitted in this country due to required bandwidth, 1080i is pseudo 1080p as the i stands for interlaced and is basically a double scanned picture, 720p is native single line scan and usually a slightly better picture as its non interlaced, there are some good explantions out there in google land
 
I've changed the ratio on the TV to "just scan". I'm guessing that's overscan turned off as I went back to the user interface settings on the box and had to change them back to default to fit to the screen. Have I done that correct pal?
 
yes thats correct, anything except for just scan is overscan on LG sets
 
Yea I tried 60hz. It didn't look smooth, like the frame rate was wrong.
That will be correct as your contents will probably be 50Hz.
Best is to use multi, so the output will match the contents (much video 'found' on the internet will be 60Hz).
 
Cheers for that Rob. I'll set it to multi.

I've ran out of things to mess about with now on the box lol
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top