Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Wideband Sly LNB to Vu+ Duo 4K SE - Not Working

satdan

New member
Joined
Sep 14, 2020
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi,

This might sound like a stupid question, but I've recently flashed my Vu+ Duo 4K SE with OpenVix, gone through the setup wizard but when searching/tuning into satellite feeds I'm having no success.
I've left the options as 'Single' mode and 'Automatic' for signal and satellite selection where possible.

I'm steering towards the fact that I've simply connected my Sly Q dual coax cable (this isn't a hybrid, simply two coax cables coming from outside into my living room) into my satellite card, with the impression that it would work (after doing some research on the topic).

Can someone please clarify if I'll need to get a unicable LNB or a hybrid LNB to tune into some channels?

Thanks!
 
Sky Q uses a different lnb that other boxes like E2 use.

If using both Sky Q and other sats you will need a hybrid lnb which come in many sizes depending how many feeds you need.
 
You cannot use a wideband/Sky Q LNB

You can use an ordinary/universal LNB. That will work.
You can use a unicable LNB. That will work even better than an ordinary/universal LNB
 
Thanks for the info Abu.

I'll be opting for the Unicable option, as it'll future proof my TV system.

Out of curiousity, are there any dual output unicable LNB's on the market? I know the whole purpose of unicable is to use one coax feed and split it out, but it seems daft to have Sly's dual coax along the run and not making use of the other cable.

Any advise would be much appreciated.
Thanks
 
Did some more research and it turns out that South Africa is the market for dual output unicable LNBs - mainly the DSTV Smart LNB.

Just a shame that they can't be bought in the UK!
 
All it is going to be is that the splitter is inside the casing of the LNB. You can add a splitter outside and use both cables. I'd much rather have the splitter inside the house instead of messing around with making it waterproof outside.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top