Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] wierd stand-by behaviour

Then try running without it and see if issue happens

OK, should I delete the plugin (is it a plugin?) Or delete or rename my configuration and revert to the default? Where is the config file?

G
 
OK, should I delete the plugin (is it a plugin?) Or delete or rename my configuration and revert to the default? Where is the config file?

G
Make sure you have a settings backup (blue button, ViX plugin, settings backup)
I would go to plugins (long blue on remote) red button, extension … remove
 
I removed the lcd4linux but then the LCD and other display remained black and I couldn't see if there was a delay,
so I removed my configuration ( maybe that was the problem) and reloaded tthe plugin and now there is what I suppose is the default: just the time when in stan-by and the channel name when on.
After a few days I noticed a little delay (4-5 sec) but not the 15-20sec I had before.... we'll see if it worsen.

Is there a way to have something on the lcd without lcd4? I'd like to try that.

G
 
If LCD4Linux is disabled, then \etc\enigma2\skin_user.xml must be cleared out of <!--L4L01 On-->, <!--L4L02 Mediaplayer--> and <!--L4L03 Idle--> references. Otherwise LCD display is black no matter what display skin you use.
 
If LCD4Linux is disabled, then \etc\enigma2\skin_user.xml must be cleared out of <!--L4L01 On-->, <!--L4L02 Mediaplayer--> and <!--L4L03 Idle--> references. Otherwise LCD display is black no matter what display skin you use.

Can you explain further? Why would /etc/enigma2/skin_user.xml affect the display skin?
 
LCD4Linux is writing to skin_user.xml this to my Ultimo4K : (SummaryTemplate is the problem)

<skin>
<screen name="SummaryTemplate">
<widget source="global.CurrentTime" render="PixmapLcd4linux" position="fill" size="800,480" alphatest="blend" />
</screen>

<!--L4L01 On-->
<!--InfoBarSummary-->
<screen name="InfoBarSummary" position="fill">
<panel name="SummaryTemplate" />
</screen>
<!--ChannelSelection_summary-->
<screen name="ChannelSelection_summary" position="fill">
<panel name="SummaryTemplate" />
</screen>
<!--MenuSummary-->
<screen name="MenuSummary" position="fill">
<panel name="SummaryTemplate" />
</screen>
<!--SetupSummary-->
<screen name="SetupSummary" position="fill">
<panel name="SummaryTemplate" />
</screen>
<!--SimpleSummary-->
<screen name="SimpleSummary" position="fill">
<panel name="SummaryTemplate" />
</screen>
<!--ChannelSelectionRadio_summary-->
<screen name="ChannelSelectionRadio_summary" position="fill">
<panel name="SummaryTemplate" />
</screen>
<!--InfoBarSummary-->
<screen name="InfoBarSummary" position="fill" id="3">
<panel name="SummaryTemplate" />
</screen>
<!--ChannelSelection_summary-->
<screen name="ChannelSelection_summary" position="fill" id="3">
<panel name="SummaryTemplate" />
</screen>
<!--MenuSummary-->
<screen name="MenuSummary" position="fill" id="3">
<panel name="SummaryTemplate" />
</screen>
<!--SetupSummary-->
<screen name="SetupSummary" position="fill" id="3">
<panel name="SummaryTemplate" />
</screen>
<!--SimpleSummary-->
<screen name="SimpleSummary" position="fill" id="3">
<panel name="SummaryTemplate" />
</screen>
<!--ChannelSelectionRadio_summary-->
<screen name="ChannelSelectionRadio_summary" position="fill" id="3">
<panel name="SummaryTemplate" />
</screen>
<!--L4L01-->

<!--L4L02 Mediaplayer-->
<!--InfoBarMoviePlayerSummary-->
<screen name="InfoBarMoviePlayerSummary" position="fill">
<panel name="SummaryTemplate" />
</screen>
<!--MovieSelection_summary-->
<screen name="MovieSelection_summary" position="fill">
<panel name="SummaryTemplate" />
</screen>
<!--MediaPlayerLCDScreen-->
<screen name="MediaPlayerLCDScreen" position="fill">
<panel name="SummaryTemplate" />
</screen>
<!--MediaPlayer-->
<screen name="MediaPlayer_summary" position="fill">
<panel name="SummaryTemplate" />
</screen>
<!--EMCMoviePlayerSummary-->
<screen name="EMCMoviePlayerSummary" position="fill">
<panel name="SummaryTemplate" />
</screen>
<!-- EMC screen -->
<screen name="EMCMoviePlayerSummaryGBHDQ" position="fill">
<panel name="SummaryTemplate" />
</screen>
<!--webradio FSdisplay-->
<screen name="webradioFSdisplay" position="fill">
<panel name="SummaryTemplate" />
</screen>
<!--webradio YANP-->
<screen name="YampLCDScreen" position="fill">
<panel name="SummaryTemplate" />
</screen>
<!--InfoBarMoviePlayerSummary-->
<screen name="InfoBarMoviePlayerSummary" position="fill" id="3">
<panel name="SummaryTemplate" />
</screen>
<!--MovieSelection_summary-->
<screen name="MovieSelection_summary" position="fill" id="3">
<panel name="SummaryTemplate" />
</screen>
<!--MediaPlayerLCDScreen-->
<screen name="MediaPlayerLCDScreen" position="fill" id="3">
<panel name="SummaryTemplate" />
</screen>
<!--MediaPlayer-->
<screen name="MediaPlayer_summary" position="fill" id="3">
<panel name="SummaryTemplate" />
</screen>
<!--EMCMoviePlayerSummary-->
<screen name="EMCMoviePlayerSummary" position="fill" id="3">
<panel name="SummaryTemplate" />
</screen>
<!-- EMC screen -->
<screen name="EMCMoviePlayerSummaryGBHDQ" position="fill" id="3">
<panel name="SummaryTemplate" />
</screen>
<!--webradio FSdisplay-->
<screen name="webradioFSdisplay" position="fill" id="3">
<panel name="SummaryTemplate" />
</screen>
<!--webradio YANP-->
<screen name="YampLCDScreen" position="fill" id="3">
<panel name="SummaryTemplate" />
</screen>
<!--L4L02-->

<!--L4L03 Idle-->
<!--StandbySummary-->
<screen name="StandbySummary" position="fill">
<panel name="SummaryTemplate" />
</screen>
<!--StandbySummary-->
<screen name="StandbySummary" position="fill" id="3">
<panel name="SummaryTemplate" />
</screen>
<!--L4L03-->
</skin>
 
What a load of rubbish. The plugin should not be writing to that location. That is a user location for users to modify the gui skin.
 
Also, why is it duplicating items

What that id="3" is doing ?

<!--L4L03 Idle-->
<!--StandbySummary-->
<screen name="StandbySummary" position="fill">
<panel name="SummaryTemplate" />
</screen>
<!--StandbySummary-->
<screen name="StandbySummary" position="fill" id="3">
<panel name="SummaryTemplate" />
</screen>
<!--L4L03-->
 
What that id="3" is doing ?

<!--L4L03 Idle-->
<!--StandbySummary-->
<screen name="StandbySummary" position="fill">
<panel name="SummaryTemplate" />
</screen>
<!--StandbySummary-->
<screen name="StandbySummary" position="fill" id="3">
<panel name="SummaryTemplate" />
</screen>
<!--L4L03-->

No idea. Not really sure what any of it is for, or why anyone would need a picture of the moon on their front panel. Armchair astronomers?
 
:D I have on one screen phases of the moon on LCD display when the box is at Idle...
 
How is it possible to have something on the LCD screen without using lcd4linux?
I'd like to see if that is my problem, the delay now is about 30sec...

G
 
Hi,
create your own skin_user.xml but additional content must be supported by the skin I think.

Ralf
 
Hi,

I updated my STB (to 6.4.10, I think) and the weird delay seems to have disappeared. This time for real, it seems, it's been several days without it. I have no idea what could have fixed it, the list of changes is enormous!

Thanks for your work,

G
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top