Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[AMKIO-VIPER-4K] wifi dongle dependencies

maxben

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2014
Messages
352
Reaction score
0
Points
16
As my wireless dongle driver on my Viper4k is not included in the default drivers in new images I need to have it available locally.

I can use the command

Code:
opkg download enigma2-plugin-drivers-network-usb-rtl8192eu

to download the ipk but not it's dependencies so how to download it with the dependencies ?
 
As my wireless dongle driver on my Viper4k is not included in the default drivers in new images I need to have it available locally.

I can use the command to download the ipk but not it's dependencies so how to download it with the dependencies ?

Code:
opkg download enigma2-plugin-drivers-network-usb-rtl8192eu

Install it via online plugin feeds GUI if its not already installed.
 
you 'avin a laugh :)

Yes but I can't connect online because there are no drivers for my dongle in the default list in a fresh image.
 
I've just had a look into this on my Viper 4K and it looks like the enigma2-plugin-drivers-network-usb-rtl8192eu package on it's own doesn't have anything to install but it recommends a couple of other things:

OE: enigma2-plugin-drivers-network-usb-rtl8192eu
Recommends: firmware-rtl8192eu, rtl8192eu

One of which depends on another (kernel) package:
Depends: kernel-module-8192eu-4.4.35

Which depends on:
Depends: kernel-4.4.35, kernel-module-cfg80211-4.4.35

Which depends on:
Depends: kernel-image

Which depends on:
Depends: kernel-image-uimage-4.4.35

You can see this chain starts to get way more complicated than you'd think and for sure would be much easier to install online first off via wired connection or whatever BUT if you really wanted to give this a go for an offline install then I've attached what I *think* are all the packages that are recommended or depends and attached here for you in a zip file to try if you really want to, I think they are all there but if I've missed something then let me know and I will see if I can add it. I am guessing some of these will already be on the image anyway and it's associated with kernel version but I don't remember this changing in a while so I guess it would probably work, be please be careful, at your own risk etc.! Good luck. :)
 

Attachments

Thank you, they work as long as installed one by one, errors on some but all comes together after a reboot.

The reason I need this is because the box is strapped to the back of TV which is mounted in an awkward position.
 
Narrowed it down to just these 4 required

Code:
enigma2-plugin-drivers-network-usb-rtl8192eu_1.0-r0_all.ipk
firmware-rtl8192eu_1.0-r0_all.ipk
kernel-module-8192eu-4.4.35_1.0-r0_viper4k.ipk
rtl8192eu_1.0-r0_viper4k.ipk
 
Well, if it was easy to connect by LAN I wouldn't of asked :p
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top