Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Work out if old dish/LNB/cable is working or aligned?

  • Thread starter Thread starter nano18
  • Start date Start date
N

nano18

Guest
Hi,

There is a dish on the house from before moving in - about 65cm and is aligned in a similar direction to a minidish that's next to it. It looks like it could be from analogue days with a Cambridge 0.7dB LNB (I haven't got a ladder up yet!).

I have a Humax receiver and get nothing on the 28.2e channels. I did a scan on 13e and 19.2e but nothing there either. The receiver works on the minidish.

Is there a way to work out if the LNB / cable actually work and is aligned to anything without blind scan?

Or is it better just to renew everything? I've ordered a new receiver from the site sponsor but was curious about whether this old dish could be used for a while for 19.2e.

Thanks - the forum is great.
 
Best to renew, its not too expensive these days :thumbsup:
The 1st LNB I ever bought was £195 for a 1.3db :eek:

I bought 4 a couple of months ago (0.2db) with a 4 way switch and multi LNB bracket for about £30 :)

Try a new LNB and new cable, dish should be OK if not too rusty :p
 
Thanks marty - sounds sensible. I'll give that a go - glad that prices have come down a bit!

I have a Fortec Star LNB somewhere, but was happy with an Inverto model a few years back. Are they still a good choice? Cheers.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top