Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

XBMC Plugin

VU+ solo2 running latest Vix

Has Kodi been removed from plugins? It was there at 12 o'clock today (7 March 2015) and now it's disappeared :confused:

Now when I go to download plugins/extensions - it's not even listed?

The message that comes up is "Some plugins are not available: Extensions/KodiDirect('skinres')


Also, is there an a list / explanation as to what each of the extension do? Can someone point me to where I'd find that please. I installed XMBC last week only to find it crashed it. Thanks.
 
Last edited:
No it has not been removed from the plugins, but for you to get that error suggests you have tried to uninstall something which may have corrupted the plugin and as the receiver still detects it as being installed you wont see it in the downloads. as for the official XBMC plugin from Vu+, that is still a beta and closed source so nothing much we can do about it really.

That said I do have XBMC installed on my Solo2 with ViX and it works fine for me, no crashes.
 
Thanks Phoenix, Because of what you said I've backtracked and I've reverted to the previous software backup image, and now Kodi is back. :)

I think I know what I did to cause it. I tried to install a plugin within Kodi, that looked interesting. Kodi/Get more...IPTV / mystreamTV (I think it was that one)

It downloaded a software update and I installed it - after which MystreamTV never appeared and Kodi disappeared. I thought I'd post that in case anyone else gets curious about the MystreamTV extension.

Phoenix do you know if there is there a list anywhere explaining what all the extensions are and what they do? Curiosity sometimes gets the better of me so having a list of what they all do and if they are of any use would be a great resource.
 
I forgot to mention, I was looking at xbmc as I wanted a way of getting Netflix. From what I can ascertain, Netflix on Python isn't available. I was hopeful to find it on Kodi, but no.

I have found a 'not ideal' solution for Netflix, until I find a better one. I have an android box so I switch to that and run the Netflix app from that. I imagined installing XMBC would allow me to get me all the xmbc addons too - alas not not unless you know something I don't)

Also, if you have time can you tell me if there are additional Kodi extensions that work on a solo2 other than those listed in "get more..."

cheers, and sorry for the long one
 
Last edited:
Try installing a custom build or install wizard from one of the unofficial Kodi support forums, I have listed a couple earlier in this thread, I'm sure you will find the addons you desire.
 
I forgot to mention, I was looking at xbmc as I wanted a way of getting Netflix. From what I can ascertain, Netflix on Python isn't available. I was hopeful to find it on Kodi, but no.

I have found a 'not ideal' solution for Netflix, until I find a better one. I have an android box so I switch to that and run the Netflix app from that. I imagined installing XMBC would allow me to get me all the xmbc addons too - alas not not unless you know something I don't)

Also, if you have time can you tell me if there are additional Kodi extensions that work on a solo2 other than those listed in "get more..."

cheers, and sorry for the long one

Personally I gave up on XBMC / KODI on the Solo2 and bought a Amazon fire TV box instead for £66, Don't get me wrong I am not poo pooing Vu's attempt but it's just not mature enough for my liking, plus I can run Netflix on the fire tv box perfectly where as there is way to run Netflix on a Solo2, KODI or not.
 
Thanks Phoenix, having played with the VU+ extensions, xmbc, Kodi, TS Media for 2 weeks I have come to the same concision that what it does best is satellite TV. I think I may uninstall everything else and just use it for TV.

The amount of times I have installed an extension only for it to crash is ridiculous, then having to revert to a backup (which may or may not have the recordings I have set up on the EPG). I have to keep remembering to do a backup first BEFORE I install any plugin. It's all to wobbly for me, and IMO should not be on the build unless it's as stable as the TV side.

Phoenix, can you get 1Channel iStream and Solar etc on the Amazon Fire?
 
Thanks Phoenix, having played with the VU+ extensions, xmbc, Kodi, TS Media for 2 weeks I have come to the same concision that what it does best is satellite TV.

Well thats what a lot of people tend to forget, it's a satellite receiver regardless of what sales speil the manufacturer adds on the box, it's a satellite receiver. every thing else should be considered as a bonus.

Phoenix, can you get 1Channel iStream and Solar etc on the Amazon Fire?

To be honest I have not used any of them but you should be able to install them via KODI as KODI is fully supported on the fire TV box by the "side loading" method.
 
Does anyone know the function of XBMC addon which is in the current plugin downloads. Is it designed to work independent or within XBMC, does not seem to do anything?
 
Does anyone know the function of XBMC addon which is in the current plugin downloads. Is it designed to work independent or within XBMC, does not seem to do anything?

Which one exactly ?. If you have a Vu+ soloSE, Solo2 or Duo2 use the official XBMC plugin from Vu+ which is in the feeds for those receivers, for every thing else you can try the KODI direct plugin but I have no experience with that plugin.


Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
 
Hi
Using a duo 2 and using xbmc, but noticed xbmc addon in the download section and wondered what it did?
 
The xmbc plugin crashes my solo2, so I de installed it. XMBC has recently been rebranded to KODI so I suggest installing KODI instead.

Although there about a dozen or so addons that can be installed within Kodi, they don't seem to perform as well (at present) as they do on xmbc versions on android.

TS Media has lots of xmbx addons built in too, quite a few such as solar movies, that that aren't available on Kodi. Hope that helps
 
Go into the plugins section then hit the red button and see if it's listed as available to remove. I have flashed my own solo2 dozens of times this last few weeks and XBMC was always listed in the feeds to install.


Hi.

Where do I find the 142 plugin for vu-duo2 and do I flash it same way as the vix software etc?

Thanks in advance
 
I have KodiDirect installed on my Solo2 and it works great. Channel1, Genesis, BBC iplayer etc.

I have solo2 also and kodi installed - cant seem to add/install genesis though for some reason, although it works on the laptop so it cant be my ISP
 
Hi.

Where do I find the 142 plugin for vu-duo2 and do I flash it same way as the vix software etc?

Thanks in advance

Build 142 is for the VIX Image and not the plugin itself.
 
I am very new to this but I have purchased a vu+duo2 which I am very happy with but it seems to struggle with free apps such as itv player 4od and iplayer, I have installed through xbmc, can anyone tell me if I'm missing something, many thanks mike, p.s. I apologise if this question is in the wrong place as I am new 😧
 
Those addons you install via external plugins such as Kodi direct and XBMX are built and maintained by devs that most of the time are not intended for use on your receiver so sometimes they work and sometimes they dont. there really is nothing you or any image team can do about that other than to inform the relevant developers that their plugins may need updating. so sadly you are just stuck with it.
 
Hi Guys I got. vu+solo2 last week and have managed to install xbmc plugin but when ever I try to install ad dons it just keeps giving script failed error.any help will be appreciated.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top