Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] XE 3.0.6 disappeared after flashing OpenVix 5.3.013

Liamalone

New member
Joined
Feb 3, 2015
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Points
1
Location
N.Ireland
Aloha,
I've recently went from OpenVix 5.2.xx to 5.3.013 via usb flash then restoring settings. All seemingly went well until I realised that I have no XE plugin, so I can't refresh my epg nor access VOD or Catchup - channels still working fine.

I have a good search about but haven't come across anything helpful. Any ideas?

I tried installing the .ipk via usb which completed but when I went to Plugins it flashed up an error about a missing sqlite3 module or something :(
 
Try telnet opkg install python-sqlite3
 
If it is required, then surely that should be a dependency in the ipk and should be installed automatically? Is it in the 3rd party ipks?
 
If it is required, then surely that should be a dependency in the ipk and should be installed automatically? Is it in the 3rd party ipks?

I don't think it is in 3rd party feeds. I haven't used Xtream editor for a while so I can't be sure on dependency.

Here is the install guide
Code:
https://xtream-editor.com/en/tutorials/standard_enigma2

I think they have there own feeds conf file aswel
 
You have to log in to see it and I don't have an account. Someone should ask them to update the dependencies in the ipk
 
Just run there installation script again via putty telnet, or openwebif terminal of installed. Then see if all good.

wget -O /tmp/install.sh "http://xeev.net/files/ipk/install.sh" && chmod 755 /tmp/install.sh && /tmp/install.sh
 
Depends: python-json, python-sqlite3 is in the control file maybe use the above command line
 
Apologies for the delay, got called away for a few days.

Try telnet opkg install python-sqlite3

Ran this then rebooted, no change.


Just run there installation script again via putty telnet, or openwebif terminal of installed. Then see if all good.

wget -O /tmp/install.sh "http://xeev.net/files/ipk/install.sh" && chmod 755 /tmp/install.sh && /tmp/install.sh

Ran this, box rebooted automatically on completion ...... seems to have done the job! XE plugin options have returned to the main menu and to the blue button also. Great stuff :)

Thankyou one and all :)
 
Just for reference, install script has

Code:
#!/bin/bash
URL="http://xtream-editor.com/files/ipk/release/enigma2-plugin-extensions-xeaio_3.0.6_all.ipk"

opkg remove enigma2-plugin-extensions-xtreameditor
sleep 2
opkg remove enigma2-plugin-extensions-xevpnsetup
sleep 2
opkg remove enigma2-plugin-extensions-xeaio
sleep 2
rm -f /etc/opkg/xe-feed.conf
echo "src/gz xe-all http://xtream-editor.com/files/ipk/release" > /etc/opkg/xe-feed.conf
opkg update
sleep 2
opkg install $URL
sleep 2
reboot

control file has
Code:
Depends: python-json, python-sqlite3
Recommends: enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-serviceapp, openvpn
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top