Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

YASQ (Yet Another Swapfile Question...)

GiP

Forum Supporter ,
Joined
Sep 19, 2010
Messages
309
Reaction score
1
Points
18
Location
Firenze, Italy
Hi,

I have read in another thread that it is better if the swapfile is on a USB stick mounted on /media/usb.
Mine (64 Mb) is on /media/sdb1 as this was the default on Vix 1.2 and it remained there when I reflashed 1.3 and I have EPG and picons (that I don't use) on it too.

The question is: if really /media/usb is better, how do I change it?

Should I disable swap, change the mount point, restart it? Or should it be deleted and recreated?
What about EPG and picons? Changing the mount point in device manager will change those automatically or should I move them to the HD and back? Not the files, just the setting in the setup.

Finally in /media/usb there is something now, a file "usr/lib/opkg/status" and a directory "usr/lib/opkg/info/" should I move them to the USB or can they be deleted?

Also, I noticed that in the device manager The USB has "mount:swap" instead of "mount:/media/sdb1", is this normal?

Thanks!

GiP
 
In simple terms

Menu, Setup, Vix Menu, Device manager and red to change mount

The swap that was created should just work with out a recreation

VIX Menu, Swap
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top