Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo4K] Your network interface eth0 is not properly configured

danped

Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2011
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
Points
16
What type of support thread are you creating?
Support question
What OpenViX Image build number are you using?
6.7.017
Have you tried re-flashing WITHOUT settings restore?
NO
Have you tried re-flashing WITH a settings restore?
NO
Hi,

I have a VU Duo 4k running Vix 6.7.017 No problems at all. I want to connect to a Filesserver on my LAN. So I go to Main menu > Setup > Network > Network browser and it says:

Your network interface eth0 is not properly configured, so a network scan cannot be done. Please configure the interface and try again.

(Incidently I also have a VU Solo on my network and the above works like a charm with no issues.)

So I go to Main menu > Setup > Device where there are two devices (WLAN connection and LAN connection) The WLAN has a cross and the LAN has a tick as I use a network cable. The LAN connection network test reports eveything as working and I have no issues connecting the box to the internet or seeing the box via Filezilla from my home PC. I have restarted the network and still have the same issue. So the network connection seems fine.

Any ideas what is going on or how I can fix this pelase?

Thanks,
Dan
 
gambling answers without the info of the connection so as Lan address, GW etc
 
Hi,

I have a VU Duo 4k running Vix 6.7.017 No problems at all. I want to connect to a Filesserver on my LAN. So I go to Main menu > Setup > Network > Network browser and it says:

Your network interface eth0 is not properly configured, so a network scan cannot be done. Please configure the interface and try again.

(Incidently I also have a VU Solo on my network and the above works like a charm with no issues.)

So I go to Main menu > Setup > Device where there are two devices (WLAN connection and LAN connection) The WLAN has a cross and the LAN has a tick as I use a network cable. The LAN connection network test reports eveything as working and I have no issues connecting the box to the internet or seeing the box via Filezilla from my home PC. I have restarted the network and still have the same issue. So the network connection seems fine.

Any ideas what is going on or how I can fix this pelase?

Thanks,
Dan
As @bellejt has suggested need more info.
Turn on debug logs ….. menu/setup/system/logs/settings —->. Enable, save to hdd/usb, local time
Post debug log
Do you use fixed IP or auto?
 
that message implies there is something wrong with either the IP address, netmask or gateway
 
Thanks for the relies so far. I've attached my debug though oddly on reboot I new get an error with the WLAN3 interface. Same error but on a different device. Anyway this has now allowed me to disable the WLAN device and the LAN device is now working to scan the newwork. I have no idea what changed.
 

Attachments

I had a similar issue with my Vix Uno when I first got it in early 2025. I found that I had to explicitly disable the WiFi device in the GUI settings in the Network Device menu and explicitly enable the ethernet device. This was even though the Uno has no built-in wifi and I wasn't using an attached USB dongle - just ethernet. The image default network configuration should work out of the box with ethernet, but where there is a built-in wifi device you seemingly have to go through the network wizard and disable wifi. I have seen several similar error reports over the past year and I think they were all on Vu+ receivers.
 
Thanks - this seems similar to my situation, the only difference is I could not disable the WLAN as it already had a red cross. It was only on reboot that both LAN and WAN were active and so I could disable one. It's odd though as I have noticed this before so I don;t know why this particular reboot enabled both of them.
 
Thanks - this seems similar to my situation, the only difference is I could not disable the WLAN as it already had a red cross. It was only on reboot that both LAN and WAN were active and so I could disable one. It's odd though as I have noticed this before so I don;t know why this particular reboot enabled both of them.
Just an addition to my earlier post - if I remember correctly I had to configure the ethernet port as the preferred device in the adapter settings GUI.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top