Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] YoutubeTV in hbbtv makes Solo2 freeze on exit

almararn

New member
Joined
Mar 12, 2014
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Iceland
I'm trying to use the YoutubeTV plugin that comes with hpptv (2.0+git1704) from ViX feeds. I like the look and feel of it the best. I can use it without any problems, but I cannot exit the plugin and go back to the satellite channels without my solo2 freezing up. Does anyone recognize this problem? I have tried a few other images, OpenViX 4.2, OpenPLi 4.0 OpenATV 5.3 and they all act the same, play videos normally, but on exit the box cannot start the tuner again and is completely frozen. This problem does not occur in the official image from the VU website, there I can exit youtube and start to watch satellite again. Tried the latest build before writing this. But of course I prefer to use ViX. :)
During some testing on the ViX image I noticed that if I switch my receiver to a http streaming radio channel that is in my bouquets before starting the youtube plugin I can exit the plugin normally, and after that switch the receiver back to a satellite channel without it freezing up.

Is there a fix for this issue? Is no one else experiencing this?
 
I've tried to reproduce this on the Solo2 and on several other boxes, but I can't. I played a number of video's and I could always exit the player without any issue.
I'm on a dev-build (we'll release a next build shortly), so that might be of influence, but we haven't done anything related to this issue (at least not as far as I can see).
Entering the plugin from a radio- or TV-service made no difference.
 
I've tried to reproduce this on the Solo2 and on several other boxes, but I can't. I played a number of video's and I could always exit the player without any issue.
I'm on a dev-build (we'll release a next build shortly), so that might be of influence, but we haven't done anything related to this issue (at least not as far as I can see).
Entering the plugin from a radio- or TV-service made no difference.

Sorry for bumping up old thread but I'm suffering of the same problem. I've purchased solo 2 from WOS a week ago and trying setting everything up as I like using latest vix image. Exit problem from youtube tv is a bit annoying as it freezes box completely. There is a workaround though, pressing red button to stop the video first helps, but this step is easy to forget. It seams that hbbtv app on exit is not closing correctly and load on the system is constantly growing, killing the service is not helping as it is auto starting again, the only solution is to restart the box.

The problem is non existent in BH image for example. Any help appreciated, can provide logs if needed to help sort out the problem. I've attached screen from top showing load and services running when the problem is present.

Capture.webp
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top