Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] zap to channel

vadinho

New member
Joined
Jan 19, 2018
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Points
1
Hello this is my problem...with openvix 5.3 I can't zap a channel with more than three digits numbering ... for example I'm looking at channel number 1 and I would like to see channel number 17000 but digitization stops at the third digit and instead of going to channel 17000 I can only go to channel 170 because more than three digits cannot be entered. In the channel configuration I have not found any option to be able to type 5 digits instead of only 3.
 
[strike]Transfer the .py file to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens
Restart, an updated .pyo file will be created
Delete the .py file after
[/strike]

Change is on line 926
Code:
        if len(self.numberString) >= 6:

The file current says 4, not sure why it only allows 3 digits

We may add this commit (it picks in without a problem), but I am not too keen on an extra menu/config when just increasing the number of digits does not adversely affect things.
Code:
https://github.com/openatv/enigma2/commit/de0d684f9e7fcf99f2731bc2de5c5d422f642b23
 
Last edited:
I wonder if it's possible to work out the max number of channels and use that rather than have to have an option
 
Increasing the number of digits did not actually make a difference during my test. The "pause" is after last key entry irrespective of number of digits. If you set maximum digits to =>10, entering, 11 behaves the same way as if the maximum digits => 3.
 
Transfer the .py file to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens
Restart, an updated .pyo file will be created
Delete the .py file after

Change is on line 926
Code:
        if len(self.numberString) >= 6:

The file current says 4, not sure why it only allows 3 digits

We may add this commit (it picks in without a problem), but I am not too keen on an extra menu/config when just increasing the number of digits does not adversely affect things.
Code:
https://github.com/openatv/enigma2/commit/de0d684f9e7fcf99f2731bc2de5c5d422f642b23

Hi I followed your instructions but unfortunately the image crashes as soon as I type only one number ... I tried to put the number 4 back in line 926 of the .py file but it always crashes as soon as I type only one number
View attachment Enigma2_crash_2020-04-10_17-17-39.log
 
Last edited:
I modified the file for the current image 5.3 020, you are on 5.3 013 We added the number zap picon, that function is not in your image, this is why it crashed


Remove the file
Issue this command to update to 5.3 020

Code:
[SIZE=3]init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 6[/SIZE]

Then transfer the file again
 
You have edited your post. First version implied there was a problem. Is everything okay now?
 
You are very kind and it would be useful if you did it with TeamViewer ... but I would like to be able to do it alone to learn.
Now I have manually restarted the deoder and it restarted normally and the update was successful as per the attached photo. I can now repeat the operation of your post number 2?

20200410_194005.webp
 
Ok I did it and now I can type more digits ... but if I have the channel list open this possibility is not there ... However, this is already much better ...Thanks!!!!
 
From the image after 5.3 026, we will have an option to configure the number of digits. Options will be 3, 4 and 5 digits
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top