Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Zgemma H7S or Octagon SF8008

iamamanc

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2015
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Points
1
Hi,
My first question since 2017 lol.
Does anyone know if the H7S be restocked again on WOS. Is it worth waiting for or would the Octagon SF8008 be a better/equal option.
I'm coming from Sly Q and I realise I'll need to change the LNB.
I'm looking for something solid for a FreeSat eqivalent/substitute. The Arris Freesat box is crap.
I would like to be able to record upto 4 channels at once.

S2X tuners support Multi-Stream: what is it - could I record 4 channels from a bog standard LNB with 2 or 4 outputs into 2 cables into 2 tuners?
FBC tuners and a unicable set up and receiver; I've read about this type of kit , is it overkill for just watching Corrie and such (recording 4 channels is enough)

I really fancy the H7s set up for freesat if it'll record 4 at once.

Peace in my house depends on the choices I make in the next few days.
Please advise well

Thanks in Advance
 
If you have an Aerial, it would be better to get a receiver which also has Terrestrial tuners. BBC 1, 2, ITV3, channel 4, all in HD, are on the same multiplex. You will be able to record those channels with just 1 tuner. The channels on Terrestrial don't change multiplex very often, so timers will rarely need updating.

On satellite, those channels are on different transponders, so you will need more tuners with access to the transponders. Satellite channels change transponders more frequently. Auto timers need updating when transponders change.
 
If you want to record multiple channel from satellite it would be advisable to get a box with an fbc tuner. E.g. gigablue quad 4k pro.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top