Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

zgemma h9 twin no signal

allaboutthebase

New member
Joined
Oct 7, 2020
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Points
0
hi all, newbie here to it all. I have tried to set up the zgemma h9 twin to my existing sky satellite but for some reason there is no signal.

I have attached pictures of the screen from skyq along with the screens of zgemma and the satellite i have outside.

When I chose 28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G it says tuning then failed. However when I later skiped the settings I was able to get some up to 98 channels but none where bbc1, itv etc.

Would anybody be able to help me with what settings I could use to scan the zgemma box so I can get the freesat channels.

Thanks :)

what skyq signal is...

20201007_154536.webp
 

Attachments

  • 20201009_130257.webp
    20201009_130257.webp
    94.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20201009_130334.webp
    20201009_130334.webp
    55 KB · Views: 11
  • 20201009_130634.webp
    20201009_130634.webp
    43.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 20201009_125614.webp
    20201009_125614.webp
    36.2 KB · Views: 8
I think you will have to change the lnb for a universal one
 
could this be easily replaced on the satellite or would it be better with an expert to install.
 
Its very easy to replace - just make sure the mountings are compatible
 
If you intend on keeping your SkyQ box you will need the SkyQ Hybrid LNB. Very easy to replace. The Gold ports on the Hybrid LNB relates to SkyQ Wideband so use the other ports to connect to your new Zgemma receiver.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Fantastic post with relevant details.

You have a MK4 sky dish. Make sure you get corresponding quad LNB. It has a 38mm collar, non Sky LNBs use a 40mm collar.
 
That is fine.

You don't need a hybrid LNB, by the way. The hybrid ones have wideband and universal ports. You can get a lot cheaper. Just serach for "sky quad lnb" Items 130985445078 and 142728941716 are examples
 
i have two cables going into my sky q box. i would use these for the zgemma box and change the outside cables with the new lnb.
 
A Sky Q receiver will need direct connections to the wideband LNB ports on LNB
A non-Sky Q receiver will need direct connection to the non-wideband (universal) ports of an LNB.

A hybrid LNB has both type of ports. Make sure you connect to the right ones. If you plan to use two receivers simultaneously, you will need 4 cables (2 pairs of shotgun cable) and a hybrid LNB.
 
i will get the hybrid lnb just in case i ever go back to skyq. thanks for all your help.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top