Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

ZgemmaH17

I was gonna install ViX because PurE2 had those results and I don't know if it's thanx to HW or drivers or... So, must be able to compare. So far OpenATV is in the box as well...

As soon as I can... ;)
 
At least 16 OS installations later, on 3 different laptops, guests, then holidays and all that - I'm back...

It'll be interesting to try the ViX on H17 one of these days when situations allows... ;)
 
OK, I flashed my Zgemma H17 with
https://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-b....017.release-zgemmah17combo_recovery_emmc.zip
Openvix 6 7 017 Release Zgemmah17combo Multi (113.2M)
Last modified 16th August 2025 at 5:59 am

Before I report: Standby seems to work (albeit with a green LED "on") and no BSOD when trying to put it to Standby, well done!

Here are my observations on quick first inspection...

Flashing - cool!

The initial Wizard got stuck on framerate: wouldn't show any image (TV screen black!) on 30, as I wanted to choose since I chose full 4K with 30p on the previous screen. On the other hand, 25 and "multi" options were OK, they worked during the Wizard. I had to restart the box with the white button at the back.

Going to Settings > Audio-Visual (or whatever the name): it was on 30 frames, as I chose during the Wizard but couldn't see and confirm - and it was all working OK, though. A bit strange. Panasonic TV going through Denon Home Theater receiver.

Mounting home network shared folders from my Synology NAS was a bit strange, some folders were doubled up in the list, some (Video) are shown as empty, ViX image couldn't see any files (I must investigate where the fault lies, not sure at this point).

I think I initially made a mistake and didn't do all folders via FSTAB but mistakenly left it on default AutoFS, which I usually do not do... I will reflash eventually and make sure I do it consistently, though...

4.webp

Video folder is empty:

3.webp

Some are doubled up:

2.webp

Media Player 2 couldn't get installed:

1.webp

The standard one installed and played stuff but I must do a systematic test to see if it can do it without ServiceApp installed and ExtePlayer3 deployed... I installed it from the beginning when I saw it's not in the image by default...

I also installed the FileExplorer. On first inspection, it couldn't play images with the right button, I had to hit "Exit" and then choose another image from the list. Image Player (built in) was working correctly, though.

Some video files just wouldn't work... Some codecs were not supported, obviously. I noticed when playing some video files (MP4 container but not sure which codecs, I would have to search additionally).

I am beginning to see similarities and differences between OpenATV, PurE2 and ViX now... :)

Keep up the good job. I'll report back when I set up the machine further...
 
Strange things started happening...

After I uninstalled Media Player 2 > SubSupport 2 (new 1.7) also disappeared, together with Wireguard.

Wireguard is still listed, if I want to remove it in Plugins > red button, however it is not present in Menu > Plugins list.

Reinstalled SubSupport2 and it's there but no Wireguard...

In FIleManager I can't get to the right column - anyone who can and how, if so, please?
 
Strikes me that you are installing plugins that you have used on other images, but may not be necessary on OpenViX.
Maybe you could explain what you would like to do and then maybe we can help.
e.g. to play files on your NAS doesn,t need endless plugins added.
 
Hmpf...

Strange things happening...

I can't get the Wireguard to appear in the Plugins section. Whatever I do, including manually installing it. So, no protection.

Whatever I do, I can't get the IPTV to work, whether through the channels list or via Xsreamity...

Meida Player 2 not showing in the plugins, always something missing...

I can't get OSCam or Ncam to work, either, with the same settings as in OpenATV and PurE2, which work just fine. What am I missing?

I have issues with various codecs if I am streaming from the NAS, as I have some issues with mounting some networked shared folders from my NAS...

========HOWEVER=======

But my H17 is also not OK, on the HW side: tuner gives me issues on various transponders, no (or very low) signal, where all other STBs are fine...

So, I have had enough now, it's going back into the box if not into the bin, maybe to somebody for spare parts... It came like that, damaged...

So, can't judge, can't compare, as not fully functional HW-wise...

Shame, looks like a smashing box... Alas...
 
Strikes me that you are installing plugins that you have used on other images, but may not be necessary on OpenViX.
Maybe you could explain what you would like to do and then maybe we can help.
e.g. to play files on your NAS doesn,t need endless plugins added.

True, in OpenATV and PurE2 most formats/codes are playing out of the box. Not so on ViX, so I needed to try with other Media Player plugins, some of which are not installing... Server App, too - to add to the functionality. But again, I will have to compare now with other images, for the same codecs... I'll report back with that...

Be that as it may, I would repeat that there are other basic issues, also: like remote keys mapping, as I couldn't move in File Manager to the right column etc.

Overall, too many issues, it seems to me, probably independent of my HW issues, which have nothing to do with ViX image, of course...

I did try and try and try again but - WireGuard, Media Player2, Xtreamity, even OSCam and Ncam, various issues in File Manager etc. A headache...
 
Video folder not mounting (no sub-folders shown) was my fault! One tick too many in the NAS SW...
 
See the images above, the first post was written immediatly when I flashed it, with black screen on 30P during the Wizard and all...

I have some logs with crashes...

I can make vids if you want - for instance, I can't get Wireguard to the plugins list for love or money...

Why would I lie about it?

But I will do it once again, from scratch... 'Cause I'm baffled. I have ViX in Edision+ and it was pretty cool, from memory... But H17...
 
Wireguard is not a vix plugin so you need to complain to the plugin author.
 
It may well be down to the image, I don't know at this point... It's just one of the examples...

But I will redo it and report back.
 
In my H17 with Openwix image, since the first release for this decoder with developer images, Wireguard works fine and appears just as fine in the plugin list
 
Hmmm, one more element discarded: I test for E-Channelizer (as well). When I got back from hols I missed a new version of the Beta E-Channelizer, so I had a version that effectively killed IPTV channels and probably more... When I reported that to the coder Sayyid, he directed me to the newest version that fixed precisely what I reported here... Sometimes you take things at face value in good faith but... We all make mistakes...

Probably tomorrow I will re-flash the ViX and this time I'll have a good list of channels and I won't install anything outside of ViX and see then...

Only after that will I install other plugins and report back...

P.S. All that with a tuner that is not 100%...
 
OK, so good results, this time - done differently, as advised here...

I managed to do most of it from scratch and indeed, with the right E-Channelizer version which gave me the correct format of the channels list, I was able to get most of it all just fine (Sat/Terrestrial/IPTV/playback/etc.)!

I first set it all up with no extras and got pretty good results with whatever was in the image. Even DVD folders (films/concerts) playback from the NAS. I haven't seen DVD player in Plugins > red button list to remove, which is why I installed it additionally the first time. While it may not be listed, the built-in player is certainly capable of playing it all, like the rest of the players in Enigma2 images!

So, only after testing all the basic functionality (which was fine, again!), I installed some other plugins and tried them...

For MultiStalker Pro I have to find the right version but the rest were all fine.

Some minor problems, like in File Manager, as I managed earlier, I couldn't figure out how to move between the two fields... Anyone?

Thanx for the advice, I remembered ViX from H7 and Edision+ as a really solid, good quality image, which is why the previous installation was strange to experience...
 
OK, so good results, this time - done differently, as advised here...

I managed to do most of it from scratch and indeed, with the right E-Channelizer version which gave me the correct format of the channels list, I was able to get most of it all just fine (Sat/Terrestrial/IPTV/playback/etc.)!

I first set it all up with no extras and got pretty good results with whatever was in the image. Even DVD folders (films/concerts) playback from the NAS. I haven't seen DVD player in Plugins > red button list to remove, which is why I installed it additionally the first time. While it may not be listed, the built-in player is certainly capable of playing it all, like the rest of the players in Enigma2 images!

So, only after testing all the basic functionality (which was fine, again!), I installed some other plugins and tried them...

For MultiStalker Pro I have to find the right version but the rest were all fine.

Some minor problems, like in File Manager, as I managed earlier, I couldn't figure out how to move between the two fields... Anyone?

Thanx for the advice, I remembered ViX from H7 and Edision+ as a really solid, good quality image, which is why the previous installation was strange to experience...
good to see!
Q. is FileManager an installed plugin by you? Just trying to work out if its the OpenATV plugin or not
 
Yes, I believe so (I am not in front of the box now): it has left and right column, each can be set where to open by default (root or some attached device, a specific folder) - but going between the two sides is... well, I didn't see how... Maybe down to remote keys mapping?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top