Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] 3.2-009 Issue?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Defect
  • Start date Start date
D

Defect

Guest
Hello All,

I flashed my box a couple of days ago to release 009 (VU+ Duo2) however since flashing my box is doing what I would describe as an 'Auto-Refresh' every 5-6 seconds which takes 1-2 seconds to complete. This results in my box itself freezing every 5-6 seconds for 1-2 seconds. TV works fine and does not freeze at all, it is purely just the box navigation. Occasionally also get the loading icon showing on the TV.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or know what the box will be trying to do so I can disable this? Never had this problem with any other vix images.

Cheers
Mark
 
Hello All,

I flashed my box a couple of days ago to release 009 (VU+ Duo2) however since flashing my box is doing what I would describe as an 'Auto-Refresh' every 5-6 seconds which takes 1-2 seconds to complete. This results in my box itself freezing every 5-6 seconds for 1-2 seconds. TV works fine and does not freeze at all, it is purely just the box navigation. Occasionally also get the loading icon showing on the TV.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or know what the box will be trying to do so I can disable this? Never had this problem with any other vix images.

Cheers
Mark

How did you flash to ViX 3.2-010? Via software updates or a clean flash?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
How did you flash to ViX 3.2-010? Via software updates or a clean flash?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3.2-009 - Clean flash, never use box updates mate. I am not 100% sure if image issue or settings issue but never had the issue before which makes me believe it is image related.
 
Did you restore your plugins? You wernt supposed to.
 
Did you restore your plugins? You wernt supposed to.

No, I didn't restore any plugins. What I did after the flash via FTP:

Put skin back
Put my autotimers.xml back
Put boot logo back
Put picons back

Ps there is now version 10 available also.

I was wanting to stay with version 009 for a month or so first. Get this up and working before I upgrade again.

~ Mark
 
There was problems in 009 that's why the 10 release is out, mmm ftp the skin? Probably the cause of your problems, you should only use skins from the feeds that way you know they have been updated to work with the new features.
 
There was problems in 009 that's why the 10 release is out, mmm ftp the skin? Probably the cause of your problems, you should only use skins from the feeds that way you know they have been updated to work with the new features.

It is only Blue HD so I highly doubt that will be the cause of the issue? I always use the same skin on upgrades and no issue as of yet. If there is issues with 009 I will do a reflash again over the weeken for 010. Thanks for advice mate.

~ Mark
 
Update: 3.2-009 is still the newest version for Duo2 via website.

Would I be better off just downgrading back to 007?

~ Mark
 
I upgraded to version 010 via software update last night from version 009, I updated to 009 via fresh flash with settings restore and no plug ins restore as per instructions from Scicillian, all is fine on my Duo2... You upgraded to 009 and restored your skin via ftp which is essentially a plug in, I don't know what else I can say.
Ps 009 included a new version of gstreamer, I'm not an expert but I believe that skins need to be updated when gstreamer is updated.
 
Last edited:
It is only Blue HD so I highly doubt that will be the cause of the issue? I always use the same skin on upgrades and no issue as of yet. If there is issues with 009 I will do a reflash again over the weeken for 010. Thanks for advice mate.

~ Mark

Unless you downloaded the skin from the feeds you could have one that has been independently modified (there are a lot of people / teams out there who rip skins from the feeds so they can claim ownership / credit from the original author). The Blue HD skin is produced by and maintained by Rossi so if using with ViX it's always best to obtain it from the feeds directly instead of elsewhere, plus you have the knowledge no one has added any dubious code as others do when repackaging plugins and skins etc.
 
Unless you downloaded the skin from the feeds you could have one that has been independently modified (there are a lot of people / teams out there who rip skins from the feeds so they can claim ownership / credit from the original author). The Blue HD skin is produced by and maintained by Rossi so if using with ViX it's always best to obtain it from the feeds directly instead of elsewhere, plus you have the knowledge no one has added any dubious code as others do when repackaging plugins and skins etc.

Another thing to consider is that if you are using plugins or skins downloaded months ago even from the feeds, they may no longer be compatible with the latest images thus causing problems. If you download them from the image feeds they will always be fully compatible with that image and if there is a problem the author has a better chance of fixing it than one that was downloaded elsewhere or months / years ago.
 
I upgraded to version 010 via software update last night from version 009, I updated to 009 via fresh flash with settings restore and no plug ins restore as per instructions from Scicillian, all is fine on my Duo2... You upgraded to 009 and restored your skin via ftp which is essentially a plug in, I don't know what else I can say.
Ps 009 included a new version of gstreamer, I'm not an expert but I believe that skins need to be updated when gstreamer is updated.

Thanks for this, will do another reflash on 009 and just download the skin from plugins :) - If this makes no difference I will revert back to older version.

Unless you downloaded the skin from the feeds you could have one that has been independently modified (there are a lot of people / teams out there who rip skins from the feeds so they can claim ownership / credit from the original author). The Blue HD skin is produced by and maintained by Rossi so if using with ViX it's always best to obtain it from the feeds directly instead of elsewhere, plus you have the knowledge no one has added any dubious code as others do when repackaging plugins and skins etc.

I will reflash again using 009 and download skin from plugins :) - If this makes no difference I will revert back to older version.

~ Mark
 
Another thing to consider is that if you are using plugins or skins downloaded months ago even from the feeds, they may no longer be compatible with the latest images thus causing problems. If you download them from the image feeds they will always be fully compatible with that image and if there is a problem the author has a better chance of fixing it than one that was downloaded elsewhere or months / years ago.

Yes, this one was originally from feeds but was got a few months ago I believe. Will I need to do a full reflash or should just deleting the skin and then re-installing via plugins work?

~ Mark
 
Yes, this one was originally from feeds but was got a few months ago I believe. Will I need to do a full reflash or should just deleting the skin and then re-installing via plugins work?

~ Mark

I'd first remove the skin you have and try downloading it again from the feeds, you can check the changelog to see what changes have taken place for the skin but if you did download it a few months ago there will no doubt be some modifications for it.
 
I'd first remove the skin you have and try downloading it again from the feeds, you can check the changelog to see what changes have taken place for the skin but if you did download it a few months ago there will no doubt be some modifications for it.

Many thanks for your help and everyone elses! I will remove the skin after work tonight and then reinstall via plugins. If my issue is still present I will revert back to an older version of vix for now.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top