Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

4k x265 play back problem.

I tried playing this sample on the Mut@nt:

http://4ksamples.com/elysium-2013-2160p-1-minute-sample-footage/

Although audio plays OK (in passthrough mode it is sent to the AVR where it is processed) the screen goes black. The Mut@nt then jams in the wrong refresh rate and stays black even after I finish playing the video. I have to reboot it before the screen comes back.
 
Hmm ... actually don't! When I tried to play this sample file on my PC I got this warning:

[ffmpeg/video] hevc: Invalid default display window

The video stream is: hevc 3840x1608 23.976fps, rather than the default 4k 3840x2160. I don't know if this is what causes the Mut@nt screen to go black and not switch back to 1080 when the video is stopped. The Mut@nt is set to display wider screen resolutions as 'letterbox' so it ought to cope with it, but it seems it can't. It won't display anything until I reboot it.

I guess a lot of these samples are quite experimental at the moment and may contain encoding errors. The 7.1 audio is not compliant to the standard as reported by ffmpeg when I tried to transcode it into an mp4 container with aac audio. Some hardware will auto-correct and cope with it, others won't.
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top