Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

5.2.036 Image

  • Thread starter Thread starter BNL
  • Start date Start date
B

BNL

Guest
Hi,

Box : VU+ Duo 2
Chipset : Broadcom 7424
Image : 5.2.036 (Release)

I have been running OpenVix image for a few months now without any issue, however over the past week something has been bugging me.

When I select the menu button on my remote I get the menu options as expected, however now all I get as the first layer is :-

-
-
Timers
-
Standby and Reset

(where I have marked - my menu gui has nothing at all, and when I scroll the selector bar up and down the selector is solid white where there is no menu text displayed.

If I go into the top menu selection I get the next layer sub menu displayed. For this I then get displayed :-

Audio & video
Tuner config
EPG
User interface
-
Common interface
Softcam
Storage
-
-
HDMI CEC
ViX

Again, the - is as previously described, just totally blank. I can select on the blank areas, and again the next menu layer is displayed with some lines blank.

It's really bugging me as I can't seem to rectify it.

Also I've noticed that when I bring the box on out of standby, it no longer displays the last channel I had selected prior to going into standby. Instead, the box now comes up in Radio mode.

The EPG also no longer displays the date correctly in the pane above the channel listing. Scrolling to tomorrows listing, the date is displayed as 2019 10 and then the start of what looks like the character 'A' for April, but it's as if there is either not enough room to display the text (although there is), or a background exactly the same as the actual background is being overlaid on the date information making it look as though it is half deleted.

Everything else seems to be operating correctly and the box records correctly.

If someone with better knowledge than me (which will be most people in this area) can assist, I would be most grateful.

BNL
 
Thanks for the reply.

I haven't knowingly hidden any menu options. Where would I find this setting so that I could check?

Kind regards

BNL
 
FWIW,
I tried downloading 5.2.036 yesterday, plenty of problems. Tried again about an hour ago. It downloaded 5.2.037 with no problems.
 
Thanks ronand.

I have been using ViX-Night-HD; I tried ViX-Day-HD but no change.

Thanks malcolmp



I had a look for 5.2.037 at http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/vu-plus-images/vu-duo-2/ but could only find up to 5.2.036. Where did you get 037 from please?

Hi
I first tried the software update on the box (miraclebox mini plus) it gave me 5.2.035, then I downloaded 5.2.036 from Vix images and it gave me many problems, After a day or so I tried the software upate on the box and it downloaded 5.2.037. I found this version gave no problems at all.
 
I wonder what these problems were?
 
Go to Menue > Information > About and you see what is now installed, not only the software version but also the skin.
 
I suspect skin issue. Only thing to be affecting "remembering" would be tuner settings. Last couple of builds been run mainly to take in driver changes of other receivers. OP's receiver not affected by them.
 
I'm not complaining , I just found that 5.2.036 came with problems that other updates never brought, I had to revert back to 5.2.035, then installed 5.2.037 with no problems. (maybe it is the skin I'm using- Slyk-1-HD) BTW the Zgemma box when from 5.2.035 to 5.2.036 with no problems.
 
Hi malcolmp and all

I went to update the version this evening but checked the current version prior to doing so, which now states 5.2.037. The last time I updated was yesterday but after doing so the version detailed was 5.2.036???. Don't know why it know details 5.2.037.

Regardless of this the original posted issue is still present, no improvement. Any further ideas? I am of a mind to do a complete re-flash from usb and see if that cures it, however I won't get the time to do this until next week.

BNL
 
Hi nekrub2,

I did as you asked and checked the install and skin. As stated directly above the version is now 5.2.037 (Release), skin is ViX-Night-HD (1280 x 720).

BNL
 
Hi BNL

Have you tried another skin?

I use ViXBMC_1080_Confluence and am quite happy with it. Have a try.
nekrub2
 
I too experienced similar update issues with version numbers, etc on a GigaBlue Quad. No real issues now, other than picons are not appearing anywhere now. When I go to User Setting/Front Panel Display/Skin, the setting "Default with Picons" is not being saved even after a restart, which I guess is the problem. Skin in 1080 Confluence.

Anyone any ideas?
 
All sorted now.

Weirdly, my picons folder had totally disappeared! I rolled back to my backup of V5.2.036 and then updated to V5.2.038 (missing out the V5.2.037 update!) and everything is now fine.

Very strange!
 
If watching the directory list through Windows 10, the directory window must be updated first. Then I got everything visible. Watching the list with my box directly, everything is visible.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top