Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

ABM DVB-T support

ABM scanned ok ?, created bouquets ?

Yes. ABM found 73 TV channels and 47 radio stations in less than 1 min. Created 6 new bouquets, with channels correctly ordered (from what I can tell).
 
Andy
This is still not working for me, I'm still getting "timeout for tuner lock" after ABM scans. The area is set to Sutton Coldfield. I have the area in tuner settings set to Europe, Middle East, Africa DVB-T as Sutton Coldfield isn't listed.
 
Andy
This is still not working for me, I'm still getting "timeout for tuner lock" after ABM scans. The area is set to Sutton Coldfield. I have the area in tuner settings set to Europe, Middle East, Africa DVB-T as Sutton Coldfield isn't listed.

again do as the above user, did tune to bbc 1, look in debug send the needed info. i'll update ABM xml.
 
Hi Andy
I'm on build 010 with no further updates showing?

hmmm looking for info like this

Code:
bandwidth: 8000000
code_rate_lp: 5
code_rate_hp: 1
constellation: 2
transmission_mode: 1
guard_interval: 0
hierarchy_information: 0
inversion: 0
system: 0
frequency: 529999998


are you sure you tune to BBC1 using DVB-T tuner ?
 
Andy
This is still not working for me, I'm still getting "timeout for tuner lock" after ABM scans. The area is set to Sutton Coldfield. I have the area in tuner settings set to Europe, Middle East, Africa DVB-T as Sutton Coldfield isn't listed.
btw that setting has nothing to with ABM, you need to set your transmitter in ABM (FreeView)
 
View attachment Enigma2-01-01-1970_01-00-34.log
hmmm looking for info like this

Code:
bandwidth: 8000000
code_rate_lp: 5
code_rate_hp: 1
constellation: 2
transmission_mode: 1
guard_interval: 0
hierarchy_information: 0
inversion: 0
system: 0
frequency: 529999998




are you sure you tune to BBC1 using DVB-T tuner ?

Yes I'm sure, does it make a difference that I'm using USB tuner rather than a built in one?

Also there is no option to scan Sutton Coldfield in the tuner setup menu so I set it to Europe, Middle East, Africa DVB-T, does that make a difference?

I've got it on DVB-T BBC1 right now and I'll do another ABM scan and upload the debug log again.

Edit: debug log added.

View attachment Enigma2-01-01-1970_01-00-34.log
 
Last edited:
View attachment 34242

Yes I'm sure, does it make a difference that I'm using USB tuner rather than a built in one?

Also there is no option to scan Sutton Coldfield in the tuner setup menu so I set it to Europe, Middle East, Africa DVB-T, does that make a difference?

I've got it on DVB-T BBC1 right now and I'll do another ABM scan and upload the debug log again.

Edit: debug log added.

View attachment 34242


thats better, please try this.
 

Attachments

Andy, this is more of a theoretical question rather than any specific issue as I can't yet test a VIX image due to me having one of these new GB Quad Plus boxes! I am using the OpenMIPS image and downloaded the 26/04/2014 version which included the Freeview DVB-T ABM provider. It's of no specific use to me as I can't receive Freeview reliably from my location in Co. Wicklow in Ireland. However, I have offered my assistance in testing a Saorview version should one become available. My question concerns how you select the appropriate multiplexes to form the Freeview bouquets. I can see from the Freeview xml file in the providers folder of ABM that you have a list of the primary transmitters and their associated frequencies. There seems to be one entry per transmitter and I assume this is probably the multiplex which carries the BBC1 service? I'm further assuming that once the user selects the local transmitter from the list you tune to that frequency and attempt to read the PAT, NIT etc to obtain the SIDs for the carried services on that multiplex. There would also be further NIT entries for other multiplexes, together with a list of their frequencies - am I still on track here? What I'm wondering is how you code into ABM the necessary logic to select the appropriate frequencies for the other multiplexes? There could be 8 or 9 or more multiplexes to tune in order to receive the full range of channels. Unless you know the frequency of every multiplex and how well it is received at the user's location it is difficult to select the most appropriate one. Are the Freeview PATs and NITs coded in such a way that you can select the frequencies with a fair degree of success? Or do you have a mega table within the ABM application which does this? I'd be interested to know.
The reason I ask is that from my analysis of my local Saorview multiplexes (there are only two to scan to receive all channels) I can see a list of frequencies in the NIT PID (Other Network) which covers most of the other main transmitters in the Saorview network, but 1) doesn't indicate which servies are available on which frequency and 2) omits the frequency of the second multiplex in my locality! It would be impossible to work out programatically what the second multiplex frequency would be. The only way to do this would be to have a table of frequencies somewhere. I don't see those extra frequencies in your Frevview xml file. So the question is - how is it done, please:confused:
 
I still can't get this to work, I still get "timeout for tuner lock error" when I scan.
Any suggestions on what might be the problem?

As said above, I'm using DVB-T / Hauppauge Nova-T Stick.
Vu+ Ultimo / Apollo / 001

Many thanks.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top