Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

ABM DVB-T support

I was just about to post what I found when I tried @Peterj's suggestion of two frequency entries in the xml file. This doesn't work because two entries in the xml gives you the option of scanning one or another
There is no scanning involved in ABM. It does not matter whether one transponder has x number chanenls and another has y number of channels. So long as the details of all the services are available on any one of them.

Just to expand.... Hypothetically, a faulty LNB has no problem with the pre-programmed transponder for ABM sat, all other transponders/quadrants are unavailable. Running ABM will result in the channel details being written to the receiver. The fact that the chanenls are not avbailable to the receiver because of the faulty LNB does not matter to ABM. Yes you will have lots of tune failed issues, but ABM will still function.

I'd suggest that if the data is available on all transmitters, then the user should select the one that is near them.
 
There is no scanning involved in ABM. It does not matter whether one transponder has x number chanenls and another has y number of channels. So long as the details of all the services are available on any one of them.

Just to expand.... Hypothetically, a faulty LNB has no problem with the pre-programmed transponder for ABM sat, all other transponders/quadrants are unavailable. Running ABM will result in the channel details being written to the receiver. The fact that the chanenls are not avbailable to the receiver because of the faulty LNB does not matter to ABM. Yes you will have lots of tune failed issues, but ABM will still function.

I'd suggest that if the data is available on all transmitters, then the user should select the one that is near them.

@abu - this is DVB-T not DVB-S (or C). When I refer to "scanning" I'm talking about ABM reading the service list in the "home" or primary mutiplex and deriving the other channels from that. It is not functioning as anticipated in the Irish DVB-T system because there is no reference to the correct frequency to tune for the additional services contained in the NIT. There is just a collection of "other" transmitter multiplex frequencies which are incomplete and incorrect. I'm afraid you would need to read back through the thread to find the relevant info and NIT dumps etc. @Peterj understands the issue but it's a matter for the devs to decide if it's worth hacking a solution to deal with a deficiency in SI data in the Saorview DVB-T system. I'm actually looking for a NIT dump of a Freeview BBC multiplex to compare with what I have for Saorview.
 
@abu - this is DVB-T not DVB-S (or C). When I refer to "scanning" I'm talking about ABM reading the service list in the "home" or primary mutiplex and deriving the other channels from that. It is not functioning as anticipated in the Irish DVB-T system because there is no reference to the correct frequency to tune for the additional services contained in the NIT. There is just a collection of "other" transmitter multiplex frequencies which are incomplete and incorrect. I'm afraid you would need to read back through the thread to find the relevant info and NIT dumps etc. @Peterj understands the issue but it's a matter for the devs to decide if it's worth hacking a solution to deal with a deficiency in SI data in the Saorview DVB-T system. I'm actually looking for a NIT dump of a Freeview BBC multiplex to compare with what I have for Saorview.

I meant to post this for you the other day, totally slipped my mind...
 

Attachments

Cool'y'r'what! Cheers mcquaim!

@fat-tony any chance you can read the PM Andyblac sent you a couple of days ago and let us know your reply ?. Thanks (Just incase you have not noticed you had a PM).
 
Just checked now - apologies had not noticed the indicator. Have replied in the affirmative!
 
Late to the party here, but let me know if you guys need my help at all.

1) Manufacture and model of Box: Vu+ Duo2
2) type of tuner and make and model of tuner: Sony PlayTV dual tuner, tuned to Irish Saorview DVB-T.
3) Country and area in country: Ireland, aerial pointed to the Maghera transmitter.

I created my own xml for the Maghera transmitter, and it always works well for me (when doing an Automatic Scan, haven't tried anything with ABM yet):

Code:
<terrestrial name="Maghera(Ireland) (Europe DVB-T)" flags="5">
        <transponder centre_frequency="690000000" bandwidth="0" constellation="3" guard_interval="4" transmission_mode="2" hierarchy_information="4" inversion="2" />
        <transponder centre_frequency="746000000" bandwidth="0" constellation="3" guard_interval="4" transmission_mode="2" hierarchy_information="4" inversion="2" />
</terrestrial>
 
@finbarr - Maghera is already in the standard terrestrial.xml file, although it's at the very end! See below. ABM seems to have issues with HD bouquets in Freeviw, but should be fine with SD from Maghera. ABM doesn't work at all with Saorview, though, due to non-standard settings within the NIT.

Code:
<terrestrial name="Maghera (Ireland) (Europe DVB-T)" flags="5">
		<transponder centre_frequency="690000000" bandwidth="0" constellation="3" guard_interval="4" transmission_mode="2" hierarchy_information="4" inversion="2" />
		<transponder centre_frequency="746000000" bandwidth="0" constellation="3" guard_interval="4" transmission_mode="2" hierarchy_information="4" inversion="2" />
	</terrestrial>
 
It's been there for weeks. The way you posted there gave the impression that you had to create your own version just recently because it wasn't in the file. Crossed wires ;)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top