Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Adding my own Feeds

stingray13

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2012
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
44
Good Morning,

I look after a few boxes and have a few plugins I maintain and would like to put my feed into the feeds of these boxes

I am putting my conf file in /etc/opkg and when i update to download its downloding to /var/volatile/cache/opkg but doesn't appear in the install list i open it and can see the packages

I am obviously missing something could you advise how i add them so they come up in there own menu to install?

Thank you
 
Not sure its that easy:)
looking at the feeds produced when I run image builds, they contain for example the ipks's plus 3 other folders - Packages (a list of each package with a description of each (version, support web site etc), Packages-gz (as Packages but zipped) and lastly Packages.stamps which contains a line for each IPK, consisting of a 10 byte numeric field (Feeds Identifier? system plugin, driver, skin etc) and IPK name.
I am guessing the last folder is used by the system, but some of teh other ViX guys probably know the details:)

Perhaps easier to put them onto a usb stick and setup ViX to check for IPK's on the usb stick.
 
Not sure its that easy:)
looking at the feeds produced when I run image builds, they contain for example the ipks's plus 3 other folders - Packages (a list of each package with a description of each (version, support web site etc), Packages-gz (as Packages but zipped) and lastly Packages.stamps which contains a line for each IPK, consisting of a 10 byte numeric field (Feeds Identifier? system plugin, driver, skin etc) and IPK name.
I am guessing the last folder is used by the system, but some of teh other ViX guys probably know the details:)

Perhaps easier to put them onto a usb stick and setup ViX to check for IPK's on the usb stick.

On the webhosting I have all of those items as made by opkg-utils

Packages
Packages.stamps
Packages.gz
and the IPKs
I have made and put a myfeed.conf file in /etc/opkg

As i say its going to the site and downloading them (i can see in the logs and the packages are in /var/volatile/cache/opkg ) I just can't get them to show up to install
 
Is it your site with an apache server ? If so it might be worth looking at the apache log to see if there are any issues.
 
lighttpd and the logs are empy other than the starting line
 
It is working now i just rebuilt everything and it works :) I will report back if I need any further assistance

Thank you
 
On the webhosting I have all of those items as made by opkg-utils

Packages
Packages.stamps
Packages.gz
and the IPKs
I have made and put a myfeed.conf file in /etc/opkg

As i say its going to the site and downloading them (i can see in the logs and the packages are in /var/volatile/cache/opkg ) I just can't get them to show up to install

I have played about with this and all I have on the webserver is Packages.gz and an IPK I used IPK creator 5.0 it also has IPK Feeds Generator built in. http://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...-IPK-Feed-Generator-1-0&highlight=IPK+Creator

Then added the site to a user-feed.conf file

I added e2m3u bouquet plugin to host it but it was a free hosting account and no longer works.
 
Last edited:
Hi guys,

I'm trying to created my own plugin feed section but getting stuck on the remove plugin section not showing up my custom section and wondered if anyone could shed any light?

The steps so far I've managed to do are...

1. created a feed.conf file pointing to a web server that has a packages.gz listed.
2. go to download plugins and the feed shows up with the packages.
3. create a separate area in the download plugins section and put all the packages in there.
4. installed the plugins and they work fine.

The thing i'm confused / puzzled about is when i go to remove plugins theirs no custom area / like the one i created for the download plugin section, basically i cant find the installed plugins anywhere in the remove plugins section even though they have been installed and working.


Actually i have a feeling something isn't right when it installs the package, as when a package has been installed, if i go into download plugins and my custom section all packages still show up, where normally if a package has been installed it normally gets removed from the download section

Many thanks in advance, for any help or guidance
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I think images expect them to be in one of the usual sections. Do you need to create your own section? It would be easier sticking to installing/removing it from one of the usual sections.

To stick with existing section (ie Extension) then filename of plugin should be something like:-
enigma2-plugin-extensions-myownplugin.ipk

To remove a plugin that isn't showing in list (ie not in normal sections) then use:

opkg remove nameoftheplugin

and use "opkg list-installed" to see what is installed.
 
Last edited:
I think images expect them to be in one of the usual sections. Do you need to create your own section? It would be easier sticking to installing/removing it from one of the usual sections.

To stick with existing section (ie Extension) then filename of plugin should be something like:-
enigma2-plugin-extensions-myownplugin.ipk

To remove a plugin that isn't showing in list (ie not in normal sections) then use:

opkg remove nameoftheplugin

and use "opkg list-installed" to see what is installed.

Only reason id like to create my own section is that the others are full of stuff, where if its in its own section its all neat and in on one place, sucker for tidyness me

if i name enigma2-plugin-extensions-myownplugin.ipk it shows up in the remove plugins under extensions, its just when i name it enigma2-plugin-myownfeed-myownplugin.ipk it doesnt show up.
i know its technically possible as build makers like woosh have there own feed section and it also shows up in the remove plugin section.
 
Only reason id like to create my own section is that the others are full of stuff, where if its in its own section its all neat and in on one place, sucker for tidyness me

if i name enigma2-plugin-extensions-myownplugin.ipk it shows up in the remove plugins under extensions, its just when i name it enigma2-plugin-myownfeed-myownplugin.ipk it doesnt show up.
i know its technically possible as build makers like woosh have there own feed section and it also shows up in the remove plugin section.
It will be possible but it would likely require you amend some code and you would then need to keep doing this after any updates.

If I have more time later i'll look on github.
 
Thanks mate appreciated , where would you be looking on github?
 
Ok, I (kindof) got this working....

1. I created new folder /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Test
2. then amended the "control" file for a plugin I had and re-compiled it (including the location of the plugin itself was changed to folder above)

Now the new section does show "test" in my case when I installed it.

However, plugin didn't work but it's an old plugin that hasn't been used for a while so it could have just been another issue but just be wary.

It's possible that you don't even need step 1 and just ensure the control file of the plugin is amended accordingly and you ensure the actual folder structure of the plugin points to the new folder instead of "extensions" and then plugin is re-compiled with new name.
 
Last edited:
Ok, I (kindof) got this working....

1. I created new folder /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Test
2. then amended the "control" file for a plugin I had and re-compiled it (including the location of the plugin itself was changed to folder above)

Now the new section does show "test" in my case when I installed it.

However, plugin didn't work but it's an old plugin that hasn't been used for a while so it could have just been another issue but just be wary.

It's possible that you don't even need step 1 and just ensure the control file of the plugin is amended accordingly and you ensure the actual folder structure of the plugin points to the new folder instead of "extensions" and then plugin is re-compiled with new name.

yes mate i got it working on the download section fine it shows in its own section, but it doesn't show at all in the remove plugin section that's the part i was getting stuck with
 
yes mate i got it working on the download section fine it shows in its own section, but it doesn't show at all in the remove plugin section that's the part i was getting stuck with
It worked for me. I could see it in remove plugins menu. A new section named "Test" (as I setup) and the plugin was within it which I removed.
 
i've tried creating a new folder like you mentioned in I created new folder /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/NewFolder name, and changed the ipk so it builds to that location but the plugin doesnt work then and comes up with errors, as i think all plugins need to be in the extensions folder.
i still dont see it in remove plugins either, maybe you could pm me you test ipk and control file and see whats different to mine
 
Anyone else got any ideas? or shed some light on this?

1. Basically i've unpackaged a woosh ipk,
2. changed nothing in the control file
3. copied over a different plugin structure for testing purposes and repackaged it back up
4. The plugin shows up in the download section under woosh as expected
5. The plugin works
6. The plugin shows up in the remove section under woosh, and removes fine
7. I open up the control file and edit the Package: enigma2-plugin-wooshbuild-packagename so it enigma2-plugin-wooshbuildtest-packagename, so i i change the name slightly as an initial test
8. Repackage it back up, add create packages.gz file again etc.
9. The plugin shows up in the download section under wooshbuildtest as expected
10. The plugin works
11. The plugin does not show up in the remove section

This is all on a image that isn't wooshbuild, but clearly some type of whitelist or something else is clearly there for a wooshbuild feed section in the remove plugins area but not a custom one i make,
 
So you got a whoosh plugin working on vix including having it listed in another section rather than usual section like "extension"?

If so, PM me the plugin and i'll look into what's different.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top