GeoffatMM
Forum Supporter

Hi,
One of the reasons I invested in a new receiver was because Humax occasionally threw a wobbly and forced a hard disk reset which meant we lost all our recordings.
Last night, I watched a recorded TV show then turned off and went to bed. This evening we sat down to watch something and to my horror, EVERY SINGLE RECORDING had been wiped. I am quite sure I did nothing that could have caused it. Rebooting had no effect and checking with FileZilla shows that the /media/hdd/movie folder was empty, well not quite. A programme recorded this evening was in the movie list, the only item. I checked and both timers and auto timers are intact so the programme had recorded as usual.
In addition, the trash folder was also completely empty so I could not recuperate them from there.
[Edit]. Forget about the logs question. /home/root/logs is also empty!
So what has happened to the list of films and programmes I have carefully recorded over the last few months? And is there any way to recover them? Will any of the logs show me what might have happened?
Geoff (in serious trouble for changing the system from Humax).
One of the reasons I invested in a new receiver was because Humax occasionally threw a wobbly and forced a hard disk reset which meant we lost all our recordings.
Last night, I watched a recorded TV show then turned off and went to bed. This evening we sat down to watch something and to my horror, EVERY SINGLE RECORDING had been wiped. I am quite sure I did nothing that could have caused it. Rebooting had no effect and checking with FileZilla shows that the /media/hdd/movie folder was empty, well not quite. A programme recorded this evening was in the movie list, the only item. I checked and both timers and auto timers are intact so the programme had recorded as usual.
In addition, the trash folder was also completely empty so I could not recuperate them from there.
[Edit]. Forget about the logs question. /home/root/logs is also empty!
So what has happened to the list of films and programmes I have carefully recorded over the last few months? And is there any way to recover them? Will any of the logs show me what might have happened?
Geoff (in serious trouble for changing the system from Humax).
Last edited: