Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] All sorts of crashes and exceptions after fresh flash of 3.2.023

Yes that too.

I replicated your issue few weeks back, closing the ports stopped the crash.

Please try with a VPN and report back if possible.

I have been running with the ports 80 and 8001-8002 opened since I first bought the receiver, so I highly doubt that these are the culprits. However, i very recently (actually when the problems started to show) set the receiver to DMZ in the router because I had some trouble with the DLNA playback on a TV located outside the home network. This was a debug setting, but I had forgotten all about opening everything, so thanks a bunch for clearly stating it.
Hopefully this is the reason, but is there no plans for debugging why this occurs when opening the ports?
 
I have been running with the ports 80 and 8001-8002 opened since I first bought the receiver, so I highly doubt that these are the culprits.

I had telnet and 80 open when I managed to replicate, no crash since.

By port forward any ports you are opening your receiver to being hacked. :trustme:

DMZ is not the culprit, but would not help anyway.


Hopefully this is the reason, but is there no plans for debugging why this occurs when opening the ports?
Been trying to track it down for a while. It's present in many 3rd party team images.

Try a VPN if you can.
 
Just an update on the current situation: The list of steps that I wanted to take one at a time (listed in #39) have all been performed, except for the last two that deals with the port forwarding issues.
The receiver still runs robustly, so I have now opened the port 80 (mapping externally from port 50000) to have the web interface exposed to the internet. The next thing will be to have ports 8001-8002 exposed in order to have the streaming running so that I can use the Vu+ PlayerHD work from my iDevice.

I'm not sure if I want to set up DMZ for the receiver, since this was unintentional and I really only want to expose a minimum of ports to the outside world. Then we will see how that performs.
 
I had telnet and 80 open when I managed to replicate, no crash since.
Did you have a secure password? I would assume it's caused by automated scanners trying to bot routers, but it would be interesting to see why they are deleting the opkg folder..maybe to stop people seeing what was installed, or to prevent an automated fix..
 

Although a but cumbersome, but it that's the only way to get external access, then be it.
What if I want to use Serviio DLNA server on an external PC that streams live TV channels from my receiver? Would I then also create a SSH tunnel using putty before starting the server on the PC? And what about the beforementioned iOS Vu+ Du2 PlayerHD app that streams TV and performs scheduling?
 
The receiver still runs robustly, so I have now opened the port 80 (mapping externally from port 50000) to have the web interface exposed to the internet. The next thing will be to have ports 8001-8002 exposed in order to have the streaming running so that I can use the Vu+ PlayerHD work from my iDevice.

You're just waiting to have your tuners hacked so. Changing ports might add up to a second on a scan, no means of security.
 
I tried different images, didn't install any plugins but still my Zgemma 2s kept crashing with this log:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 660, in <module>
runScreenTest()
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 466, in runScreenTest
plugins.readPluginList(resolveFilename(SCOPE_PLUGINS))
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/PluginComponent.py", line 104, in readPluginList
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/PluginComponent.py", line 30, in addPlugin
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/Hotplug/plugin.py", line 67, in autostart
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/posixbase.py", line 408, in listenUNIX
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/unix.py", line 293, in startListening
CannotListenError: Couldn't listen on any:/tmp/hotplug.socket: [Errno 2] No such file or directory.

But when I replaced USB Wifi Dongle to Ethernet cable- I don't have any problems. Still didn't have a chance to run for longer than 3 hours but looks like box works well
 
There is no support for Zgemma receivers on this forum. You should not hijack threads either.
 
panch
Think of your home network like your house.
Suppose you have allowed your neighbour to use your STB while you are away.
"Don't worry I have left the front door unlocked so you can get in at any time" Of course you wouldn't. That's like having an unsecured network.
"I will leave the kitchen window closed but unlocked so you can climb in" That's like leaving an open port on your network.
Please get yourself a router capable of supporting VPN. Then when you are away, you can link to your home network securely as if your were in the house. All communication is encrypted.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top