Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET9x00] Any fix on its way for picture quality

  • Thread starter Thread starter garry1312
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

garry1312

Guest
Wondering if there is any fix on it's way yet for the picture quality on the ET9X00 image?

Compared to other images the ViX picture quality is extremely poor and HD is non existant.

Will ET9X00 owners see this resolved in the next update?

Thanks.
 
Have you got it sat up properly?

ET9K here on a 40 Sammy LCD and pic is good enough for what UK broaddies call HD:)
 
I have no issue with my HD or SD picture quality, pretty perfect for me and ive not changed any settings. Only plugin i installed is auto resolution and even then i havent changed any of the settings
 
all of the current images from all teams use the same hardware and hardware drivers so there is nothing in the image that can cause any difference in the picture quality. you can adjust some settings your self but thats down to the individual user and not really a problem for the image.
 
Think you must need to go to spec savers! HD picture quality is on ET9x00 is as good as any other HD receiver available. So called other images all use the same drivers and openpli as a base. So I suggest you look at your setup instead of posting nonsense.
 
I think you will find that it is not nonsense look at two receivers one with ViX and one with CT image and you will automatically notice the difference. I am also not the only one who notices this problem.

Also I have plenty of other HD receivers and they win hands down with any image compared to the ViX ET9x00 image so maybe you should get your specs out rather than spouting cheek, the last I checked a forum was about helping others.

Also I am not stupid I know how to setup up my TV and receiver all my other E2 receivers have perfect PQ if I use another image on the Xtrend it is perfect.

I think I can safely say now that ViX have no idea what support is! and have no real interest in supporting the Xtrend receivers.

Rather than jumping on the defensive maybe it would be more wise to take feedback on board.

Also it had been agreed on that there was a PQ issue by a ViX team member on another forum and it may be resolved at a later date so now to say theres nothing wrong is laughable.
 
I think you will find that it is not nonsense look at two receivers one with ViX and one with CT image and you will automatically notice the difference. I am also not the only one who notices this problem.

First report here unless I've missed something. They buth use same drivers and image base.

Also I have plenty of other HD receivers and they win hands down with any image compared to the ViX ET9x00 image so maybe you should get your specs out rather than spouting cheek, the last I checked a forum was about helping others.

Fine prove it, post some hi-res photos along with screenshots of settings from all images that show settings that affect picutre quality.


Also I am not stupid I know how to setup up my TV and receiver all my other E2 receivers have perfect PQ if I use another image on the Xtrend it is perfect.

Instead of posting nonsense look at the defualt settings that affect picuture quality, then you have a chance of finding your answer.

I think I can safely say now that ViX have no idea what support is! and have no real interest in supporting the Xtrend receivers. Rather than jumping on the defensive maybe it would be more wise to take feedback on board.

Biggest load of rubbish I've ever read on this forum! We spend countless hours going through many image builds and beta images, flashing, testing etc...then we're accused of not having interst in supporting Xtrend receivers!! Look at all the countless posts the we reply too and try to help with! Reading total rubbish like this makes me wonder why the hell we bother!


Also it had been agreed on that there was a PQ issue by a ViX team member on another forum and it may be resolved at a later date so now to say theres nothing wrong is laughable.

News to me!
 
Do you not think I have tried changing the settings?????? Do you think I just sit infront of my TV saying to myself 'ooh no I dont know what to do i'll just go pester the ViX team'. your deluded if you think that.

Yes you may provide new builds but anytime anyone has any negative feedback or criticism the team just on the defensive side and shoot them down.

This is not the only sat forum I am a member of and even if I never agreed with what someone said I would never speak to them the way you have spoken to me instead I would say that I didnt agree with them and provide some sort of help and suggestions.

This is not a forum it is a place to shoot anyone down that has anything negative to say about a ViX image.

I have highly praised the ViX for ET9x00 in every other way, i dont moan about the crashes like others and when people have said about the PQ I have said dont worry it will most likely be resolved at some point. A image that cant manage HD on a HD receiver is pointless. I have never had to arse about with picture settings on any other receiver/ image yet I have had to spend way to much time trying to resolve the lack of PQ on the ViX image.

Also a simple google search 'vix picture quality et...' brings up plenty of threads with concerns over the PQ, several even on here :O

I am out it is clear that I am not going to get any support from this forum. No doubt I will be shot down again and spoken to like a bit of dirt. What a friendly helpful place to be :)
 
Also I am not stupid I know how to setup up my TV and receiver all my other E2 receivers have perfect PQ if I use another image on the Xtrend it is perfect.
Then you will also know that picture quality of a receiver is ONLY driver dependant (apart from the scaler and other settings on the box and the TV that can be used to ruin a picture). And as all image-makers use the same drivers, a difference in picture quality between images is non existent.


What a friendly helpful place to be :)
Many, many forum members agree with you there :D
 
Last edited:
Do you not think I have tried changing the settings?????? Do you think I just sit infront of my TV saying to myself 'ooh no I dont know what to do i'll just go pester the ViX team'. your deluded if you think that

Well post the setting thats you have compared between images.

Yes you may provide new builds but anytime anyone has any negative feedback or criticism the team just on the defensive side and shoot them down.

We take ALL criticism on board, but how do you expect us to fix your issue exactly? We use the same drivers and same base image as anyone else.

This is not the only sat forum I am a member of and even if I never agreed with what someone said I would never speak to them the way you have spoken to me instead I would say that I didnt agree with them and provide some sort of help and suggestions.

Yes maybe my reply was a bit harsh, but you come on here blaming VIX, its not VIX, there's proberbly a difference in default settings.

This is not a forum it is a place to shoot anyone down that has anything negative to say about a ViX image.

Rubbish, look through all the posts here and how much support we offers to our members and users. I constantly remind our the staff here to be nice to our members and they are, your post this morning I felt was harsh blaming VIX. As stated above ALL ET/CT image contain the same drivers and openpli base, so its most its a difference in the defualt settings.

I have highly praised the ViX for ET9x00 in every other way, i dont moan about the crashes like others and when people have said about the PQ I have said dont worry it will most likely be resolved at some point. A image that cant manage HD on a HD receiver is pointless. I have never had to arse about with picture settings on any other receiver/ image yet I have had to spend way to much time trying to resolve the lack of PQ on the ViX image.

Thank you for not moaning in the past but your the first member that has moaned here about HD PQ of the VIX image on the ET/CT range.

Also a simple google search 'vix picture quality et...' brings up plenty of threads with concerns over the PQ, several even on here :O

Googled but failed to find them, please feel free to post the links to these reports.

I am out it is clear that I am not going to get any support from this forum. No doubt I will be shot down again and spoken to like a bit of dirt. What a friendly helpful place to be :)

Very sorry you feel that way becuase I disagreed with you.

We're still more than happy for you to post high res photo's proving your claim :)
 
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/archive/index.php/t-14257.html

this one I have have spoken a lot with the author of the thread and he has the exact same issues he actually talked about selling his receiver not long after buying it until I adviced him to try another image:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/archive/index.php/t-14796.html

I am sure you can check my WOS browsing and to say nothing came up on a google search you are full of crap, theres others confirming PQ is better on other images.

Have you even looked at the PQ against another image side on with 2 ET9200's. Is it not worth a try just incase those out there that are saying it is not right are correct?

As for telling all your staff to be nice it would be nice to see you take on board your own advice. You may have found my thread a bit harsh but rather than speak to me the way you have would it not have been better to say that it was harsh and that you disagree with me and offer some sort of suggestion? Personally I think that would have stopped a morning of bickering back and forward.

I have no means to take hi res pics my camera is on the back of my phone that says it all lol and I doubt screenshots will do justice.

As I have said I am very impressed with the ViX image in other ways if I could get the PQ to the standard I am used to on other images/ E2 receivers I would praise the image 110%
 
I'll also say this maybe I am missing something I have never needed to change settings before PQ has never been a issue defualt has always worked for me.
 
I'll also say this maybe I am missing something I have never needed to change settings before PQ has never been a issue defualt has always worked for me.
Correct, as the defaults (in ViX) are neutral values.
What is important, is to switch off ALL so-called picture-enhancements in the TV.
 
right tried that if this helps the best way to describe it is it can look slightly duller and gritty if that makes sense.
 
Its not possible for an image to directly affect picture quality due to the fact that the actual processing is carried out with an algorithm written into the core for the Broadcom chipset by the box manufacturer, no one except the manufacturer has access and consequently it is the same for all images. Should anyone gain access to the algorithm and attempt to do anything to it, it would result in blocking, artifacts etc.
Images can supply some post processed settings and that is all.
If you have some picture quality problem it will be due to a setting/settings somewhere the only way to determine what is wrong is to use ISF video calibration software in conjunction with a colorimeter to calibrate both the display and source.

By the way when I google picture quality for the ETxxxx the only thing that i find negative is the same stuff you posted on DK within the last 24hrs
 
Last edited:
Its not possible for an image to directly affect picture quality due to the fact that the actual processing is carried out with an algorithm witten into the core for the Broadcom chipset by the box manufacturer, no one except the manufacturer has access and consequently it is the same for all images. Should anyone gain access to the algorithm and attempt to do anything to it, it would result in blocking, artifacts etc.
Images can supply some post processed settings and that is all.
If you have some picture quality problem it will be due to a setting/settings somewhere the only way to determine what is wrong is to use ISF video calibration software in conjunction with a colorimeter to calibrate both the display and source.

By the way when I google picture quality for the ETxxxx the only thing that i find negative is the same stuff you posted on DK within the last 24hrs

Right well this confuses me I see it as it cant be the TV it works great with other receivers/ images and it cant the receiver as the PQ is outstanding on other images :/

Thats actually one thread i never seen was my DK one.
 
For a quick rough and ready by eye calibration check, download the MP4 version of this to your ET's HDD and play it using an image you are happy with then make any adjustments you see fit to the TV settings only until you have the best possible test patterns. Do not change inputs on the TV as usually they are calibrated on an individual basis so if you are connected to HDMI 1 you must stay on that input. Do not make any adjustments to the ET picture settings either.
Once you are happy flash the ET with the image you are having problems with then play the test patterns again and make your adjustments to the ET settings only.
Note you will never get it exactly the same as you are doing it by eye and human eyes are just not sensitive enough, also you will be working from memory of the initial test patterns quality - this is why we use colorimeters and dedicated calibration software that can exactly log and compare all settings.

Code:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=948496
 
Think i am just going to go with another image as any other image there is no need to do tests or change this and that the picture quality is perfect.

I dont understand why all this hassle is needed to get decent PQ on ViX image when with any other image I have ever used on a total of 4 HD E2 receivers and the same tv it has not been needed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top