Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] Autobouquetsmaker issue (n/a channels)

  • Thread starter Thread starter siross
  • Start date Start date
I have this issue and it is very frustrating and a genuine issue that the VIX Team need to address. Any software update, crash, basically anything that causes a restart of E2 loses the majority of channel names. I for one if it is not acknowledged as a VIX image problem will be moving to a different image. I have to do a complete tuner rescan every time E2 restarts. Love the VIX image but this is ridiculous so would really appreciate the team looking at this.
Regards, Stales.
What channel listings are you using?
 
Hi Judge, as I have said on several threads about this issue, I have a VU+ Solo2, image 806, I have 2 fixed tuners 28.2E, simple and use the image standard autoboquetmaker, nothing complicated, all standard. This issue has happened somewhere around the 800+ image. So many people seem to have raised this issue but it seems to have been ignored by the VIX team which is very unusual. It's not just a few channels showing as N/A, it is the majority of channels on any E2 restart.
Thanks in advance
Stales
 
but it seems to have been ignored by the VIX team which is very unusual. It's not just a few channels showing as N/A, it is the majority of channels

It's not been ignored, I personally have tried to replicate to no avail.

Please do a fresh re-flash and setup with no backup restore. Directly after you finish the startup wizard setup and run autobouquetsmaker. Once scan complete do a correct reboot, hold down standby button on remote and select restart on TV screen.
 
Hi Judge, as I have said on several threads about this issue, I have a VU+ Solo2, image 806, I have 2 fixed tuners 28.2E, simple and use the image standard autoboquetmaker, nothing complicated, all standard. This issue has happened somewhere around the 800+ image. So many people seem to have raised this issue but it seems to have been ignored by the VIX team which is very unusual. It's not just a few channels showing as N/A, it is the majority of channels on any E2 restart.
Thanks in advance
Stales

I've flashed 5 different boxes today.
All on build 808 & only have access to 28.2.
Gigablue Quad, TM2T, TM Nano, ET4000 & VU Solo2.
None have this NA issue.


Can I ask why are you doing "a complete tuner rescan every time E2 restarts"? An ABM scan is enough as you only have access to 28.2.

As Sicilian says, I'd start with a fresh flash (no restore), then run ABM.
Shut down/restart... & then let us know if you have the same issue...
 
It's not been ignored, I personally have tried to replicate to no avail.

same here on my solo2 (my personal test machine i use daily ) and the ultimo ( the family receiver ), put it this way if there was a issue on either of these boxes i'd be getting it right in the neck.
 
I've flashed 5 different boxes today.
All on build 808 & only have access to 28.2.
Gigablue Quad, TM2T, TM Nano, ET4000 & VU Solo2.
None have this NA issue.


Can I ask why are you doing "a complete tuner rescan every time E2 restarts"? An ABM scan is enough as you only have access to 28.2.

As Sicilian says, I'd start with a fresh flash (no restore), then run ABM.
Shut down/restart... & then let us know if you have the same issue...

Hi, this is the point, an ABM scan does not solve the problem (which should not occur by the way in the first place), the channels still show as N/A, the only way to temporarily solve the issue is to do a complete rescan (auto or manual solves until E2 restart) which I have never had to do before. There is an obvious problem with either the image on VU+ Solo2, maybe VU+ general, or the image upgrade process. I will do a fresh install but I am sure I read on here that people have already tried this and to be honest it shouldn't be needed. I appreciate your help in this matter affecting many people.
Regards, Stales
 
Hi, this is the point, an ABM scan does not solve the problem (which should not occur by the way in the first place), the channels still show as N/A, the only way to temporarily solve the issue is to do a complete rescan (auto or manual solves until E2 restart) which I have never had to do before. There is an obvious problem with either the image on VU+ Solo2, maybe VU+ general, or the image upgrade process. I will do a fresh install but I am sure I read on here that people have already tried this and to be honest it shouldn't be needed. I appreciate your help in this matter affecting many people.
Regards, Stales

our point is that we can not replicate your results so you ( and others with this issue ) are going to have to provide us with debug logs from the times you run ABM if were going to even start to track it down.

my self i run 8 receivers and my brother also has a duo, none of these receivers is showing this issue and they all use ABM to generate a sky uk bouquet daily.
 
our point is that we can not replicate your results so you ( and others with this issue ) are going to have to provide us with debug logs from the times you run ABM if were going to even start to track it down.

my self i run 8 receivers and my brother also has a duo, none of these receivers is showing this issue and they all use ABM to generate a sky uk bouquet daily.

Ok, appreciate the problem, difficult to resolve a problem you can't replicate. I will rebuild and report back. The strange thing is ABM runs every night and there is never any issue the in the morning, it's like the box has become dependant upon a full manual or auto scan for some reason on every E2 restart. If there is any code changes that may impact this in the last month that can be looked into this would also help.
Thanks,
Stales
 
Do a fresh re-flash and setup, do not restore any backups.

I've been updating a number of receivers and fresh flashed a number of receivers, totally un-able to replicate at this time.
 
an ABM scan does not solve the problem (which should not occur by the way in the first place), the channels still show as N/A, the only way to temporarily solve the issue is to do a complete rescan

And, I'm guessing here, but I'd think that might be your issue.
On a fresh flash, there is no need for a complete rescan.
Just run ABM. All 5 boxes I did today have been rebooted, E2 restarts, none have this issue.
 
Why not get a copy of stales's image backup to replicate the problem?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
 
Why not get a copy of stales's image backup to replicate the problem?

No offence meant but I wouldn't ever use a back-up image unless it was my own.
The best way to sort this issue is to start from scratch with a base ViX image & then narrow down the differences we make.
 
Do a fresh re-flash and setup, do not restore any backups.

I've been updating a number of receivers and fresh flashed a number of receivers, totally un-able to replicate at this time.

Why do we need to do a fresh re-flash without restoring any backup though??

Is this not the point in the settings backup??

A fresh re-flash without restoring any backup does solves the n/a issues, but I have been updating my solo2 for a very long time (8 months) without having to do a fresh flash of a new build and starting from scratch again.

I think the vix team maybe missing the point here.... Something has been updated since around the 800 build that is causing the n/a issues when doing an UPGRADE, not a fresh flash of a build
 
Why do we need to do a fresh re-flash without restoring any backup though??

To narrow down what might be causing the issue.
So far, no debug logs have been uploaded, everyone is using different configs...
Narrowing down the issue rather than guessing what you are restoring seems the best bet so far.
 
A similar issue was present a few weeks ago, "tune failed" coming up. I recall one of the senior guys saying that performing a conventional scan would overcome/avoid the issue. Pure speculation on my part, but may be related. Obviously unless someone posts the logs, very little for Andy/Rob/other coders to go on. As the Beta testers have not experienced the issue, then it would suggest that it is something that has got carried over.

Incidentally, I would have thought for those for whom any problem exists, not just this one, the basic thing to do is make a full backup image and save it. Start afresh with no restores and see if the problem recurs. If it does, post the logs and then go back to your image to avoid setting other things up. If it doesn't, then we know it is something corrupted in the previous settings. Delete the backup.
 
That's not a very constructive post.
Hmm, I wonder why? IMHO preventing you from doing unnecessary work should be appreciated.

It would be more helpfull to give an explanation to why this anomaly is experienced.
Yeah, I would like to. But so far:
1- None of the complaints gives us a full (his)tory.
2- I haven't seen any logs at all
3- The whole ViX-team has been busy over the weekend trying to replicate this issue on a variety of boxes in a variety of setups. None of us succeeded.


In the meantime I'll continue to say which suggestions certainly don't help, whether you like that or not.


People reporting this issue should really provide us more info then 'it doesn't work' and 'you need to look into it'.

I would suggest to provide the following information.

What was the situation, when the N/A-issue occurred? Please tell us:

1- What triggered the issue? An ABM-run? If so, does a second run help?
2- Did rebooting the box (via the menu) help? Or did it cause the issue?
2- Which settings were in use? Installed from the feeds?
3- Was a user-satellites.xml located in etc/enigma2? Does it help if you simply delete this file (stop E2 first)?
4- Has the system-satellites.xml in etc/tuxbox been changed (one should never touch this file)?
5- Make sure to provide debuglogs.

Some backgrond info:
A- In general the N/A-issue happens on uploading settings. This occasionally happens since the day E2 was born. This stems from the fact that most of the time settings are uploaded to a live-system that holds the settings in memory. That's the reason one should first try to restart E2. And that's also the reason I have DreamSet configured to stop E2 before uploading my settings.

B- The satellite.xml is being maintained by us and will be updated on an online image update. Normally there is no need to create your own one, but if you do it should go to etc/enigma2


I do hope that you appreciate we put a lot of effort in this issue. But without being fed with all relevant information and (hence?) without being able to reproduce it ourselves it is impossible to fix anything.
So instead of grumbling about not being supported give us a fair chance to support you!

BTW:
1- We always look into all issues that are being reported.
2- Even if you provide all the info I requested, there is no guarantee that we can reproduce/fix anything. But at least it would give us a chance.
 
Last edited:
Had this again this morning on my duo 2 build. 808. Scan runs early hours each morning and upon turning box on no bouquets. I ran the bouquets plugin (by Lraizer) and rebooted the box. No bouquets present.

To fix I ran the inbuilt auto bouquets maker to scan which picked the bouquets up, then ran the Lraizer plugin and all is good.

Oddly my solo 2 doesn't seem to have this issue with the same setup.

The only thing different I can think of between the 2 is the solo 2 is set to scan at an earlier time just before midnight.
 
Last edited:
Sorry to see that you apparently didn't read my request before posting this.

Rob

Yes saw your post, just thought I would add that I was suffering the issue aswell and are going through your suggestions at the moment.

Thanks for the pointers.
 
I would suggest to provide the following information.

What was the situation, when the N/A-issue occurred? Please tell us:

1- What triggered the issue? An ABM-run? If so, does a second run help?
2- Did rebooting the box (via the menu) help? Or did it cause the issue?
2- Which settings were in use? Installed from the feeds?
3- Was a user-satellites.xml located in etc/enigma2? Does it help if you simply delete this file (stop E2 first)?
4- Has the system-satellites.xml in etc/tuxbox been changed (one should never touch this file)?
5- Make sure to provide debuglogs.

1. A full reboot or an enigma2 restart. Running ABM fixes the issue until you run you either do a full restart or restart enigma again.

2. It causes the issue

3. Not downloaded any settings, uploaded my own bouquets with dreamboxedit (v5.3.0)

4. No

5. Can't provide logs at this moment as I have done a fresh reflash (and solved the problem, so this really is of no concern to me now, but am gonna help anyway), but I have saved a full image before the n/a issues and after it happened. Will flash the backup image back again on 1 if my solo2's and get a log to you then do the same after it's been updated. ( can you direct me via a link on how to upload a log please?).

I do hope that you appreciate we put a lot of effort in this issue. But without being fed with all relevant information and (hence?) without being able to reproduce it ourselves it is impossible to fix

I appreciate that the vix team put in the effort and I really like this image, but something has changed in the image since around the 800 build to cause this. In my opinion it is not an ABM issue, it is when enigma2 is loaded.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top