Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] AutoOrganise Recorded Items Folder Solution

  • Thread starter Thread starter varianjv
  • Start date Start date
cant get into Menu -> Timers -> CronTimers at the moment as feeds are down didnt realise i needed that enabled will give it ago when everythings back up and running
 
I can't get mine to work neither probably because cron isn't enabled.

The script works fine as I have manually run the script and it worked as was expecting; just need to enabled cron now.

I shall await for feeds to be back up again.

I don't mind creating an ipk file (if poss) so long as @varianjv doesn't mind?
 
I can't get mine to work neither probably because cron isn't enabled.

The script works fine as I have manually run the script and it worked as was expecting; just need to enabled cron now.

I shall await for feeds to be back up again.

I don't mind creating an ipk file (if poss) so long as @varianjv doesn't mind?


how did you run it manually
 
I just telnet into box and:-

Code:
cd /home/root
sh organise.sh
 
I can't get mine to work neither probably because cron isn't enabled.

The script works fine as I have manually run the script and it worked as was expecting; just need to enabled cron now.

I shall await for feeds to be back up again.

I don't mind creating an ipk file (if poss) so long as @varianjv doesn't mind?

Dont mind at all mate!
 
Attached are two ipk plugin files for @varianjv's 'Organise' script (v3):-


View attachment enigma2-plugin-extensions-autoorganiser_v3_all.ipk (AutoOrganiser)

The above ipk plugin file will install cron timer if this isn't already installed (not installed by default) and then every 15mins will automatically check for any programmes recorded via autotimer and move these programmes into their own folder (ie run the script).

How to install:-
1. FTP the above file to "/tmp" folder on your root.
2. Goto Menu > Setup > ViX then 'Install local extension

This ipk plugin will not install if you already have a "root" file in "/etc/cron/crontabs/" as this means you likely have your own script setup. If this is the case then you will manually have to copy over organise.sh script file and manually add the line mentioned in OP to the existing root file in /etc/cron/crontabs.


View attachment enigma2-plugin-extensions-manualorganiser_v3_all.ipk (Manual Organiser)

The above ipk plugin file will install the organiser script only and then this can be run manually as and when required.

How to install:-
1. FTP the above file to "/tmp" folder on your root.
2. Goto Menu > Setup > ViX then 'Install local extension

This ipk plugin needs to be run manually. This can be done by pressing Blue button > Vix > Script Runner.


The above ipk plugins install organise.sh in "/usr/script" instead of "/home/root" to make it easier.

All thanks goes to @varianjv for his work on this script.
 
Attached are two ipk plugin files for @varianjv's 'Organise' script (v3):-


View attachment 44302 (AutoOrganiser)

The above ipk plugin file will install cron timer if this isn't already installed (not installed by default) and then every 15mins will automatically check for any programmes recorded via autotimer and move these programmes into their own folder (ie run the script).

How to install:-
1. FTP the above file to "/tmp" folder on your root.
2. Goto Menu > Setup > ViX then 'Install local extension

This ipk plugin will not install if you already have a "root" file in "/etc/cron/crontabs/" as this means you likely have your own script setup. If this is the case then you will manually have to copy over organise.sh script file and manually add the line mentioned in OP to the existing root file in /etc/cron/crontabs.


View attachment 44303 (Manual Organiser)

The above ipk plugin file will install the organiser script only and then this can be run manually as and when required.

How to install:-
1. FTP the above file to "/tmp" folder on your root.
2. Goto Menu > Setup > ViX then 'Install local extension

This ipk plugin needs to be run manually. This can be done by pressing Blue button > Vix > Script Runner.


The above ipk plugins install organise.sh in "/usr/script" instead of "/home/root" to make it easier.

All thanks goes to @varianjv for his work on this script.

I'd like to thank my wife for the nagging that helped me write the script
And of course Jesus
:-)
 
If your wife nags you enough and you can can get it to recognise filenames whatever the recording name convention being used is, it may end up being availble on plugin feeds or beyond.

(Or at least not move non-default name recordings.)
 
If this plugin was ever considered to be usefull, it would need to read read the setting set in /etc/enigma2/settings
from
Code:
config.recording.filename_composition
Wrong way to go about this function though.
 
As I understand it, the plugin may cause recordings to be moved to flash. So be careful using it.
It's ok on mine but it maybe because the script assumes something is mounted as a HDD (whether usb or not). Now I have an internal hdd but even just using a usb stick if it's initialised then even usb sticks are mounted as hdd.

This may not be true if using a usb stick formatted to ntfs or fat32 !
 
If this plugin was ever considered to be usefull, it would need to read read the setting set in /etc/enigma2/settings
from
Code:
config.recording.filename_composition
Wrong way to go about this function though.
I think it would be better if this plugin could be coded in python rather than script.
 
If this plugin was ever considered to be usefull, it would need to read read the setting set in /etc/enigma2/settings
from
Code:
config.recording.filename_composition
Wrong way to go about this function though.

Doesnt seem to be a setting there

root@vusolo2:~# more /etc/enigma2/settings | grep config.recording.
config.recording.margin_before=3
config.recording.keep_timers=7
config.recording.margin_after=5
config.recording.offline_decode_delay=1000
 
Doesn't seem like that would be a good way anyway, as people may change their settings, it would be better if the script could determine the name format, I agree with bbbuk, using python would make it easier, although having altered your script to suit my naming convention it works great, side note from me though, the removing the 'new' think didn't really work, I had to add lines like
Code:
     # else assume recorded via the red button and now we need to ignore channe$
     filewithext=$(echo $f | awk -F '- ' '{print $1}')
     filewithext="`echo $filewithext | sed 's/New_ //'`"
I added the last line (i'm more of a hacker than programmer :) ) I think I added something like that twice to get it to work properly for me.

Also using python you could create a config screen allowing you to be able to control how many recordings of the same program should appear before moving them to their own folder (I prefer 1). Do you regret sharing the script yet? :)
 
As I understand it, the plugin may cause recordings to be moved to flash. So be careful using it.

I've experienced this....which basically rendered the box unusable until I worked out what had happened.

Any thoughts on what I need to do to stop this happening?
 
I've experienced this....which basically rendered the box unusable until I worked out what had happened.

Any thoughts on what I need to do to stop this happening?
How did it happen?
 
Doesnt seem to be a setting there
If you change from the default, it gets added to the settings file.
Menu -> Setup -> System -> Recording and playback settings -> Composition of the recording filenames.
 
How did it happen?

Installed the IPK last night and let it run.....went into my recordings and it had appeared to work.

We were watching a film at the time which we wanted to record....on pressing record the box crashed and never came back on even after a hard reset.

Got home from work last night and started to diagnose and checked Flash to see recordings in the root. Deleted them and the box came back to life.....10 mins later the recordings were back and the box became totally unresponsive again.

I've deleted the script and CRON for now until I try and understand whats not set-up correctly on my Solo 2.
 
The script does not recognise the recordings composed with event name. It starts to move them to the root of internal memory. If they are not compliant to the way it does things, it must leave them and not try to transfer them. In any case, it should move them to the same location as they were in. Not all storage devices are mounted as HDD. Reading the config file is no use if the recordings were made/scheduled prior to the event name option being used. The actual filename needs to be checked. Other plugins can detect the name compositions, so script should be able to too. Hopefully will be tweaked further.
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top