Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Autoresolution

Nitemare

Member
Joined
May 16, 2012
Messages
93
Reaction score
0
Points
6
Location
Northern Ireland
Hi,
Current image is the OBH 0.6 ULTIMO 4K PRE-RELEASE ...

Issue ... since build update 0.6.23 (which is aligned to the OpenVix build 4.2.023) the Autoresolution plugin no longer appears to work ...

Until that update I had a fully working plugin being able to have 2160P to my 4K TV (default setting in AV of Ultimo 4K) and have my other 1080P TV's could be set to auto change to 1080P by the TV's resolution switching circuitry.

Currently my Autoresolution screen shows the following when enabled ... "Auto Resolution is not working in Scart/DVI-PC Mode" there are NO other lines on the screen.

I realise that the image is PRE-RELEASE but it was working fine prior to this update of image. I've noticed that the OpenVix oe-git log does show that quite a few updates to 3rd party feeds took place and was wondering if this is what's happened??

by-the-by I tested the OpenVTi image and the Autoresolution is still there working fine ... but I prefer the layout of OpenVix/OpenBlackHole Images ...

Has anyone else encountered this?

Is there a solution?

Thanks,
Nitemare :)
 
Auto-Res is built into the image
no need for a plugin


Enable Autoresolution in AV settings.
 
Auto-Res is built into the image
no need for a plugin


Enable Autoresolution in AV settings.

Yes I tried the "built-in" settings (AV) but they don't meet the demands I require? For some reason each resolution there only gives two options neither of which help me. The autoresolution plugin however, does offer several resolution options per setting and then I can get my desired result.

Thanks.
 
which other options are needed other than the 2 given?
some e.g.:?
 
... since build update 0.6.23 (which is aligned to the OpenVix build 4.2.023) the Autoresolution plugin no longer appears to work .......
If that is true that is a bug.
The AR-plugin should work, as it has more options then the build in AR-functionality. And that's intended that way.
 
OBH 0.6 ULTIMO 4K PRE-RELEASE ...

Any chance at trying this pre release.
 
If that is true that is a bug.
The AR-plugin should work, as it has more options then the build in AR-functionality. And that's intended that way.

EXACTLY ... before the issue AR gave you multiple resolutions for each mode .. ie take HD I could have 1080i or 1080p etc but now there is only 1080p 24 or 25 to choose ...
In short AR worked fine in OBH prior to recent online updates ... it must be a bug??
 
If you check out the VTI image for the Ultimo you will see how AR should be. I've set mode to 2160p in AV menu and then in AR I've selected 1080p for every other mode ie SD 25/50 and so on.
So my 4K TV decodes 4K channels in full 2160 and if I switch to a 1080 channel the TV auto switches to 1080p and vice versa.
As stated this worked in OBH image too until recent image updates. I think from 4.2.024 onwards.
 
EXACTLY ... before the issue AR gave you multiple resolutions for each mode .. ie take HD I could have 1080i or 1080p etc but now there is only 1080p 24 or 25 to choose ...
Yep, the embedded AR is a mini version of the AR-plugin. It will be sufficient for most people & situations. If not, the AR-plugin is available.
In short AR worked fine in OBH prior to recent online updates ... it must be a bug??
Yep: if the AR plugin doesn't work any more it's a bug. You might try a flash (first without restore, only install AR, you can restore at a later stage).
 
Nope, I found the issue to be in this commit:
Code:
https://github.com/oe-alliance/enigma2-plugins/commit/1aa8c29b36c1c871321550b0ce4b5347698ce659
When using the plugin.py from before that commit the AR-plugin works fine, also in VU's on ViX-release 4.2.026 (although I can't test 4k boxes, but on others it's fine).
 
I confirm the AR-plugin issue on ViX. I'll file a bug report.
Thanks for reporting.

Thanks Rob (and others) ...
My limited coding knowledge means I rely on people like yourself to keep the images spot on.

Like I said earlier when I tried the VTi image all seems to work perfectly ... I'm not sure how able you and OBH guys are able to use their coding lines in your respective images?

I look forward to any solution being implemented in an update? (pity no VIX image yet to test for the Ultimo 4K ;))

Cheers,
Nitemare.

When using the plugin.py from before that commit ... any chance of this py file to get me back to previous?
 
Last edited:
The issue has been found & fixed, so in next ViX build you can use tha AR-plugin again. Surely BH will take aboard this fix as well.
 
Hi all,
Just to confirm that Autoresolution IS now working again on the OBH image ... :thumbsup:

Wanted to says thanks to those who confirmed the issue I'd seen and then corrected the coding to fix it!!! Wish I was that talented ... lol

So for any others here is my settings:

Main AV Settings: Mode 2160p with Multi Refresh Rate

Autoresolution Plug-in: All modes set to 1080p50 EXCEPT for HD Progressive which is set to Default (i.e. 2160p) Refresh Rates set to Multi for all modes

This then lets my 4K TV (Panasonic DX700) auto switch from 2160 to 1080 as I zap between 4K and HD/SD channels. On my non-4K TV's they default switch to 1080p ... all show as normal EXCEPT 2160p channels (black screen due to no 2160p capability) but I knew that'd be the case ... means I need more 4K TV's!! lol ...

Thanks again to all involved sorting the issue and much appreciate the time and effort that goes into making the images!!! :thumbsup:
 
Hi,
Looking at this Autoresolution again ...

Is it possible to add a mode for 1280*720 broadcasts to the plugin? (i.e. for German ARD channels etc.) They broadcast in this standard and with there being no mode available to set as 1080P in the plugin my TV defaults to the 2160P default in the AV settings menu.
This is fine on my sole 4K TV but obviously not on my 1080P TV's (black screen)

Just wondered if you coders can add this mode?

Thanks,
Nitemare :)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top