Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Autoresolution

I actually meant that you set the output of your box to the highest shared resolution of the box + TV. You'll notice I mentioned 1080i and 1080p - that's because whereas my TV can handle both, one of my boxes can only do 1080i, not 1080p. So on that box I set it to that, while on the other I set it to 1080p.

So with a 4k box and 4k TV I'd set the output to 4k.

Yes that's what I'm doing 2160p for my 4K TV ...

However, currently AR down scales to allow my 1080p TV's to receive signals without having to change AV settings manually to 1080p ... this is fine for all signals/channels whether HD or SD but obviously NOT for the 1280*720/50p broadcasts! As I've said the VTi AR IS able to do so ... and then I don't have to do any manual changing of AV settings etc. which is of course how I'd like VIX AR to be ...

Thanks again for everyone's interest and suggestions so far in this subject ... :thumbsup:
 
However, currently AR down scales to allow my 1080p TV's to receive signals without having to change AV settings manually to 1080p ... this is fine for all signals/channels whether HD or SD but obviously NOT for the 1280*720/50p broadcasts!
So you have multiple TVs connected to the same box?
 
Well, that's worth me adding a comment in the code as to why the plugin is useful.

:thumbsup:

Just out of interest, how are you connecting multiple TVs to one HDMI socket?

My VU+ Box is connected to a Yamaha AV Receiver (RX-A2010) .. i then use an HDMI splitter box (Neet Cables) to feed each screen ... all works perfectly ...
 
EXACTLY!!!

1 * 4K 2160p Max Resolution

2* HD 1080p Max Resolution

I'm sure I'm NOT the only one??

No you're not the only one, I actually bought the HDfury Linker which down scales everything from my Solo 4k 2160 to 1080 to feed my office TV but it's an expensive solution. :eek:
 
My VU+ Box is connected to a Yamaha AV Receiver (RX-A2010) .. i then use an HDMI splitter box (Neet Cables) to feed each screen ... all works perfectly ...
.... so you're using the 3 input ports as output ports on the neet switch?
 
I'll upload a short recording from a German 720p service to our FTP-server.
I've taken a copy.
Interestingly mplayer can't play the video (just the audio) but vlc can do both. A pity - I was hoping the mplayer output would tell me something about the video...
 
.... so you're using the 3 input ports as output ports on the neet switch?

Actually here is my HDMI set-up

One of these
Code:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002EACW82/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
takes the HDMI from Ultimo 4K direct to my 4K TV and I also connect one output to my AV amp ...

as my Amp is not 4K comaptible the feed to the amp from above splitter is to provide VU+ 1080p to all other screens and this is done via another HDMI splitter but not a 4K version ... A NEW 4K amp such as RX-A3060 would do away with the second splitter ...

In short HDMI 4K out from box goes direct to 4K TV and all others fed via my amp at 1080p

Everything works fine EXCEPT for the AR issue with VIX/OBH AR ... (the VTi AR has no such issues)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
... ah, I've not noticed the 1 in 4 out versions before.
 
I agree, scaling twice is really defeating the object and should be avoided.
Scaling twice is what should be prevented at all times. That's why I was interested to get the German 720p50 broadcast to output exactly that via the AR-plugin. But atm I found no way to do that.

The scaling in the Ultimo4K is pretty good i think.
I think all broadcom SoC's are pretty good in scaling. Better than many low and mid range TV's.

Just out of interest, how are you connecting multiple TVs to one HDMI socket?
And in my case the amplifier has 2 HDMI-outputs; one goes to a 4K-TV, the other to an FHD-TV.
But on the bright side: setting the output of the STB to 1080p solves most (possible) issue: that's the native resolution of one TV and upscaling from 1080p to 2160p for the other TV is lossless.

Nevertheless: SD (e.g. TV & DVD) is notorious for upscaling multiple times.
 
Scaling twice is what should be prevented at all times. That's why I was interested to get the German 720p50 broadcast to output exactly that via the AR-plugin. But atm I found no way to do that.


I think all broadcom SoC's are pretty good in scaling. Better than many low and mid range TV's.


And in my case the amplifier has 2 HDMI-outputs; one goes to a 4K-TV, the other to an FHD-TV.
But on the bright side: setting the output of the STB to 1080p solves most (possible) issue: that's the native resolution of one TV and upscaling from 1080p to 2160p for the other TV is lossless.

Nevertheless: SD (e.g. TV & DVD) is notorious for upscaling multiple times.

Rob,
Is it possible to add UHD Interlace and Progressive modes to the VIX AR? I believe this will solve the issue?
 
I'll leave this to our in-house expert AKA Birdman to answer :D

Hahahaha ... that's NOT fair on poor Birdman!!!! :D

I found the authors name of the VTi AR plugin who seems to have fixed theirs? I'm sure others on here know of him/her via a German VU Forum??

This was listed on a post within that Forum ... With 720p transmitters, the box then needs to interlace from a progressive signal and the TV then deinterlace again
 
Last edited:
In short HDMI 4K out from box goes direct to 4K TV and all others fed via my amp at 1080p
Still something I need to understand here.
Can you watch a 4k programme on the 4k TV while watching the same programme (from the same source) on one of the non-4k screens.
i.e. does that amp (or something in it) do conversion, or do you rely solely on the Vix box?

If the latter, then it needs to know what the current output resolution is and I can't see how the code would currently do that.
(the VTi AR has no such issues)
It doesn't have this one, but given that the plugin is called Auto Resolution I can't see why you have to configure anything.
 
Last edited:
If the latter, then it needs to know what the current output resolution is and I can't see how the code would currently do that.
Related to this.

Can you please login to the box while it is displaying to the 4k TV, run:
Code:
cat /proc/stb/video/videomode_choices
cat /proc/stb/video/videomode_preferred
then repeat this with the output going to a non-4k TV and post both results here,.
 
Still something I need to understand here.
Can you watch a 4k programme on the 4k TV while watching the same programme (from the same source) on one of the non-4k screens.
i.e. does that amp (or something in it) do conversion, or do you rely solely on the Vix box?

If the latter, then it needs to know what the current output resolution is and I can't see how the code would currently do that.
It doesn't have this one, but given that the plugin is called Auto Resolution I can't see why you have to configure anything.
I can only see 4K on 4K TV when A/V setting is 2160 ... on HD TVs it's black screen but I can live with that as not many 4K on at mo.
I know if I set A/V to 1080 then ALL TVs will display at 1080 .. but that's like my Duo2 that I've replaced ...
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top