Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo4K SE] Autotimer does not stop recording

Which recordings were they?
 
Go to the completed timer and highlight it (it should say "done")

Press the info button on your remote and you should get a log of the timer and what happened.
 
Go to the completed timer and highlight it (it should say "done")

Press the info button on your remote and you should get a log of the timer and what happened.

I don`t have it anymore, but when I pressed epg-button there was not stop recording notice.
 
If you've got a settings backup from a few days ago, you could extract the file /etc/enigma2/timers.xml and see what it might have looked liked before the recording started.
 
If you've got a settings backup from a few days ago, you could extract the file /etc/enigma2/timers.xml and see what it might have looked liked before the recording started.

Look at the last lines in logfile:
48426.1680> [RecordTimer] activating state 3 (Ended)
< 48426.1682> [RecordTimer] stop recording on tuner: B
< 48426.1682> [eDVBServiceRecord] stop recording!
< 48428.2716> [gRC] main thread is non-idle! display spinner!
What does this line mean: < 48428.2716> [gRC] main thread is non-idle! display spinner!
There clock stopped.
 
This is how autotimer recording should look when pressing EPG-button in timers:Autotimer.webp
But in the failed recording two last lines was missing.
 
Last edited:
As the last entry in the debug log is the spinner, it suggests the box had hung. Timer recordings will almost certainly continue despite the spinner.

Did both boxes need restarting?

Might be worth setting local time in the debug log settings in case it happens again.
 
Last edited:
As the last entry in the debug log is the spinner, it suggests the box had hung. Timer recordings will almost certainly continue despite the spinner.

Did both boxes need restarting?

Might be worth setting local time in the debug log settings in case it happens again.

Of cource I made boot to both boxes as soon as I noticed both cloks stopped. Then those started rest of the timers ok. Next morning I had to start both again because boxes had blind display.
 
Last edited:
Of cource I made boot to both boxes as soon as I noticed both cloks stopped. Then those started rest of timers ok. Next morning I had to start both because boxes had blind display.

That'll be why the autotimers overran, the boxes hung (at the same time, which is a bit of a coincidence).
 
As the last entry in the debug log is the spinner, it suggests the box had hung. Timer recordings will almost certainly continue despite the spinner.

Did both boxes need restarting?

Might be worth setting local time in the debug log settings in case it happens again.

This I have done. Now it`s local time.
 
Last edited:
That'll be why the autotimers overran, the boxes hung (at the same time, which is a bit of a coincidence).

Coincidence with two boxes at the same time? Are you kidding?
 
Coincidence with two boxes at the same time? Are you kidding?

Not kidding, but post #1 had no mention of them hanging.

So what do both boxes do at exactly the same time when the spinner was activated?

Or what might have accessed these 2 boxes externally?
 
Last edited:
Not kidding, but post #1 had no mention of them hanging.

So what do both boxes do at exactly the same time when the spinner was activated?

Or what might have accessed these 2 boxes externally?
Enigma2_debug_2022-03-01_08-17-19.log
 
Not kidding, but post #1 had no mention of them hanging.

So what do both boxes do at exactly the same time when the spinner was activated?

Or what might have accessed these 2 boxes externally?

Is it somehow for you difficult to understand that both Duo4K SE and Ulimo4K made same fault when doing autotimer recording?
I would like to know the reason.
 
Is it somehow for you difficult to understand that both Duo4K SE and Ulimo4K made same fault when doing autotimer recording?
I would like to know the reason.

Ask somebody else, I'm done.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top