Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Bouquet/sat xml file

  • Thread starter Thread starter buz
  • Start date Start date
B

buz

Guest
Does the satellite XML file come from the channel bouquet when you download it from plugins.

I have downloaded Catseye bouquet and 16e channels are all greyed out?

I went into tuner settings and went to do a manual scan but no 16 only 15.8.

I manually scanned this anyway and it found all the channels and I can select the channels via services list but they are still not associated with the bouquet list.

Is it an error with the bouquet or XML or both and how can I sort it?

I am on vix 2.1 and all other sections of the bouquet seem to function ok

Thanks v
 
thats because for some odd reason catseye uses the location 15.8 instead of 16.0 the same as he does for 1.0 west / 0.8 west.
you could either load a new satellites.xml with the correct designation for 16 east or go into the .xml and change the heading your self using notepad.
personally i dont like catseyes settings i use vhannibal.
 
Wheres best place to get an XML file and do I just FTP it across. If i do FTP it will it just over write the existing XML or does this need to be taken out first. Also will the bouquet still work once this is done.
 
From here
HTML:
http://satellites-xml.eu/
 
you can generate a new satellites.xml here
Code:
http://satellites-xml.eu/

ftp it to
/etc/tuxbox/
over writing the old one ( make sure you make a backup first ) then do a rescan on that satellite to get the full benefit out of the new satellites.xml file.
 
Have changed xml file and even tried different bouquets but still no joy. All selections greyed out. I can scan the sat no problem and it finds all channels which I can select from 16e services but not via bouquet.

All was working fine on vix 1.3 but can't see how 2.1 image would affect
 
Last edited by a moderator:
ftp it to over writing the old one ( make sure you make a backup first ) then do a rescan on that satellite to get the full benefit out of the new satellites.xml file.
The best way is to place the xml in etc/enigma2, thus not disturbing the image delivered one in etc/tuxbox.

On startup E2 looks in etc/enigma2 and if it finds an xml there, it will be used. If no xml is there, it will use the one in etc/tuxbox.

This has been done to avoid interference with the image delivered xml (that might also be updated during an online update, if the imagemakers take care of that) and the user-file.

And besides: all files in etc/enigma2 are being backedup by e.g. Autobackup.
 
Last edited:
thats because for some odd reason catseye uses the location 15.8 instead of 16.0 the same as he does for 1.0 west / 0.8 west.
Well, that reason is not so strange at all, as these are indeed the actual positions (see
Code:
http://www.lyngsat.com/europe.html
).
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top